Our valued sponsor

Online brokers and CRS

asusanti

Mar 19, 2021
Jakarta
Visit site
Hi guys,
So, I heard that the Interactive Broker has many branches (UK IB, AU IB, HK IB etc). And except for IB LLC in the US, these branches are joined with CRS.
My questions:
1. Can investors choose to be registered as a US IB client?
2. Are there other online brokers who don't join CRS?
3. What about online brokers like TD Ameritrade, Chales Schwabb, Fidelity?

Many thanks before.

Hi guys,
So, I heard that the Interactive Broker has many branches (UK IB, AU IB, HK IB etc). And except for IB LLC in the US, these branches are joined with CRS.
My questions:
1. Can investors choose to be registered as a US IB client?
2. Are there other online brokers who don't join CRS?
3. What about online brokers like TD Ameritrade, Chales Schwabb, Fidelity?

Many thanks before.
Don't waste your time, FATCA goes both ways.
1. foreign tax autorities send to IRS data about USA citizens with financial accounts abroad
2. IRS sends data about foreign residents with financial accounts in USA to foreign tax authorities

Reactions: asusanti
I am not expert but

I have account with TD Ameritrade.

I receive Email like this
Form CRS has been updated

Dear

We want to let you know that we have updated our TDA Inc. Client Relationship Summary known as Form CRS. The Form CRS further explains the relationship between you and TD Ameritrade and provides you with information that will help us continue to work well together.

Please review our updated dual registrant Form CRS, which includes a Summary of Changes we have made. No other action is needed.

We are here for you

For more information on Form CRS, visit tdameritrade.com/regbi.

Sincerely,

TD Ameritrade Client Services
hope this help.

Do you check Home ?
Small Broker , Small amount nobody cares.
If You are talking with millions , Best to follow all rules and regulation.

Don't waste your time, FATCA goes both ways.
1. foreign tax autorities send to IRS data about USA citizens with financial accounts abroad
2. IRS sends data about foreign residents with financial accounts in USA to foreign tax authorities
So, what should an international investor do now?
Give up?
Paying capital gain tax in some countries eliminates the attractiveness of international investing.

Changing your residence and tax residency to low tax country. Easier said than done.
correct but still the best valid solution if you look to reduce your overall tax burden legally.

Reactions: asusanti
Real esate is not covered by crs. I was hoping to find some way to invest in non listed REITs. Or some property investment vehicle from a major global property company, ideally in Singapore. Something that does not trigger crs. Can't find anything.