Our valued sponsor

Online freelancer recently moved to France seeking best low tax jurisdiction

TonyJuly

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Current tax domicile/situation...
I am a non-EU citizen and have recently moved to France to reside (my domicile for tax purposes); have a residential permit to work or set up as a sole trader/company here - BUT as France is highly unappealing in its paperwork, terms and tax conditions, I wish to avoid it.

I will be based in France for the next 2-3 years at least, before likely moving on again (to another EU or non-EU country) depending on my partner's career path.

What I do...
I currently operate 2 newish websites (which also participate in Amazon affiliate program) and a related freelance graphic design service, with income generated mainly from EU and USA consumers and businesses (excluding France for now) being deposited into my old UK account. Likely will generate some revenue from France in the future.

Regarding my old UK bank account, it is not by choice but desperation that I've had to resort to using this until I work out a solution. I am no longer residing in the UK so really want to stop using this account ASAP, as I am not a citizen there.

Tax scenario sought...
I would prefer to establish a company in a very low tax jurisdiction, with no tax on external/foreign income.
And for my company to pay me dividends in lieu of a salary with appropriate tax on dividends.

My 3 questions:

1. What is the best legal strategy to minimise or eliminate any taxes due in France and avoid dreaded French paperwork ?

2. What is the recommended best way to do this legally and keep it uncomplicated ?

3. What would be appropriate tax jurisdictions for a non-EU citizen legally residing in the EU, to register a company in ? (Avoiding the shady 'off-shore' jurisdictions with a poor global reputation.)

Many thanks in advance for your guidance, as a great starting point which I will then cross-check with a qualified tax advisor.

Reactions: JohnLocke
1. What is the best legal strategy to minimise or eliminate any taxes due in France and avoid dreaded French paperwork ?
I would ocnsult a tax consultancy in France to get the real and true answer.

3. What would be appropriate tax jurisdictions for a non-EU citizen legally residing in the EU, to register a company in ? (Avoiding the shady 'off-shore' jurisdictions with a poor global reputation.)
I don't think there is anywhere you can hide your operation, you may consult a tax lawyer or something in France to get a setup that can work for you and hold against the tax office in France.

Latest Threads