Our valued sponsor

Online Notary?

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
I saw a few online but most are for US customers, someone here mentioned using a VPN with US IP but it would be better if there was such a service for non-US customers.

Has anybody here used an online notary? Do banks generally accept documents notarized by an online notary?

Not trying to do anything shady, just physically can't fly to my usual notary and local notaries are very expensive.

Question is if they are recognized and accepted by banks. In the past when I tried such service I got rejected, they told me to bring the original notarized document.

Question is if they are recognized and accepted by banks. In the past when I tried such service I got rejected, they told me to bring the original notarized document.
In that case you need to get the e-notarized document apostilled so you get a physical copy. Not everyone accepts e-notarized documents. If you get it apostilled though then they should accept it. You can still do it all online. NotaryCam for example charges $179 per document. Apostille Please charges $175-$275 depending on the type of document. In both cases you have to pay for courier shipping (so depending on where you are, add $50-150).

I saw a few online but most are for US customers, someone here mentioned using a VPN with US IP but it would be better if there was such a service for non-US customers.
You don't need a US IP. They just charge more if you have a non-US IP. NotaryCam for example charges $25 if you have a US IP. $79 if you have a non-US IP. I've done both and it's the exact same end result. I usually just use a VPN to save a little money.

There's a few other non-US services around. I generally just use US notaries because that's what I'm used to, have had success with and is easiest. In the USA you can legalize just about any kind of document.

Has anybody here used an online notary? Do banks generally accept documents notarized by an online notary?
Typically not. They typically however accept apostilled documents by online notaries. I haven't had a problem so far. It'll depend on the bank.

Not trying to do anything shady, just physically can't fly to my usual notary and local notaries are very expensive.
I usually always notarize documents online because it's easier. Many countries have silly rules about what they can and cannot notarize. I don't bother with local notaries anymore. I do think however local notaries can be cheaper than online notaries, especially once you add in postage costs. I pay the extra fees for the convenience.

Latest Threads