Our valued sponsor

Open a bank account to get AMEX card

globcitizen

May 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a UK LLP company and mostly EMI accounts (Wise, Revolut Business, Payoneer). I also have a High street bank account in France.
Now I'm based in Vietnam.
I spend multiple 6 figures in ads every year and would love to get some miles back to enjoy benefits (hotels, flights).
I heard the best for that is AMEX US (3x points in selected categories like ads)

So best solution would be: Open AMEX somewhere, then use Global Transfer to get it to US.
The problem is I'm in Vietnam and AMEX doesn't support Global Transfer from Vietnam to US.

AMEX UK ( where my company is based ) requires proof of address (certified).
AMEX France (where my personal bank account is) requires proof of address in France (easy as my family is there) but also requires proof of taxation in France or salary slip in France (I don't have).

What would be the best way to reach my goal? (ie: US AMEX card to accumulate points)

Thanks

Your only option seems to be Amex ICC cards issued in UK:

Amex US won't touch you without having US address:
  • • Your American Express account number
  • • U.S. home address
  • • U.S. home phone number
  • • U.S. bank account details
  • • Passport details, U.S.-issued Social Security Number, or U.S.-issued Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
  • • Employment details
Or am I wrong?

It looks like US mailing address is required that will match US bank statement. While US mailing address is easy to get it seems, getting a bank account for non resident with US mailing address maybe quite hard to get?