Opening a Bank Account in HK with DBS

GiGoGo

I make things happen
Pro Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hong Kong
t.me
Reactions: JohnLocke
Do they require that you will have any business linked activities in HK?
That would help. If not, I recommend Neat Business neat.hk (I'm not affiliate with them)

Good luck, if you have the right agent in HK and you setup everything there together with him I don't believe it to be a real issue but more like a question about money and someones budget.

Let us know the outcome of all of this, would be nice to know what option there are without personal visit.

Update: I had a meeting in Sheung Wang, HK today. They asked me 2 times If I'm going to do anything with crypto and I said no. They asked me for a contract with a customer in HK to check if I'm actually going to do any business. They told me to give me an answer in a week.

If you don't want to do personal visit, your best option is Neat Business.

Reactions: TurnedToRobot
So they are very carefull in HK like the rest of banks Global wide :( I thought it was easier.

If you don't want to do personal visit, your best option is Neat Business.

Unfortunately for now one can't get a business account with Neat.hk it seems:
Neat Business - Waiting List
Thanks for your interest in Neat Business.

IMPORTANT

At the moment, we are rolling out a new system, in order to offer top requested features, such as multi-currency accounts.

This means that we will not be opening new business accounts on our current system and we cannot yet offer you a HKD account.
We can, however, offer early access to our multi-currency beta, which allows you to open a EUR & GBP account.

Want to be the first to get access?

Or maybe one can, but through their incorporation service since a successful company incorporation will automatically get a Neat Business account according to their blurb.