Our valued sponsor

Opening remotely a Bank Account for EU Resident and/or EU Company

Hey,

You want to try Bankera. Their pricing is great, they also give debit cards to EU residents.

As regards the business account, the acceptance depends on some circumstances, so I would need to see more details to give a better answer.
I own an Hungarian ltd. tax (9%) are paid and PIT (personal income tax 15%) is also paid by Hungarian Resident.
I am looking to open different account in different places in the world to protect the asset.

I own an Hungarian ltd. tax (9%) are paid and PIT (personal income tax 15%) is also paid by Hungarian Resident.
I am looking to open different account in different places in the world to protect the asset.

What is the business about? What is the companies turnover? What are the countries of in/out transactions?

I would suggest you send me an email and we will continue from there. I might recommend (or help to onboard with) some of our partners. I would still need to see more details.

Otherwise, just look for a reliable EMI that is business-oriented. Review them, look who is in the managing, how does their legal side look like, who are their partners, etc.

P.S. For email click on my banner.

Has anyone experience in opening remotely a Bank Account for EU Resident and/or EU Company??
Which Banks offer this possibility and rank best?

Well I think the majority of banks in EU these days offer remote account opening for EU residents with EU companies. Even many of those that did not do so before, will agree to do so if you call them and say you can't come in to the branch because you are scared of and/or might have covid. It depends also of course on your business model.

Reactions: JohnLocke

Reactions: JohnLocke
There are indeed many options, you have also Transferwise / Wise and the above mentioned Swiss banks, so I see more and more people signing up with N26 Bank.

You may have a look at the resource section inside mentor group should you still be searching after all the hints in this thread!

i think there is no bank in eu that allows this without a single visit. there are the n26 or other types of "new" banks but as far as i know they are not real banks, they are merely financial institutions that provide bank accounts and option to send and receive money with real iban. there, video call should suffice.

from my experience, call a bank in advance so they will prepare documents at a selected branch and when you go there you can be done with it in 10 minutes. i have heard that it is possible to open a bank account remotely if you already have a bank account in another bank and this bank can vouch for you but i have never read about it being put into practice.

oh, and many banks won't open up a bank account without local address(you will need rental contract or utility bill in your name). this is one of the things that irks me on EU. we're not really united(as union), we're just kinda together but separate, as countries.

you can usually open a bank account remotely if you are citizen of that country, and you reside there. For everything else they need to see you and your passport.

Also most banks need you to come in person once a year and show yourself + your id, or they limit your account.. Same with sim cards, which you usually need to interact with the account.

you can usually open a bank account remotely if you are citizen of that country, and you reside there. For everything else they need to see you and your passport.

Also most banks need you to come in person once a year and show yourself + your id, or they limit your account.. Same with sim cards, which you usually need to interact with the account.
You are giving WRONG informations,
there are MANY bank accounts that you open remotely ONLINE,
such as: Conto Corrente Arancio: apri online a zero spese | ING
WITHOUT going in person just by filling the forms and sending all the documents by regular mail.....
this is an attempt to make a chart of the best of them for EU citizens.....

Reactions: glengoolie
wow, that's crazy. maybe because, as you said, you are a foreigner. but still, i too am in eu, i live in one country and bank in another and i have never seen this. maybe i am just lucky with the bank? good to know though. thanks for the info.

...you know what, it is maybe because i never went a year without going into the branch. usually to handle cash. so i guess that could trigger it automatically. i am not planning on visiting a branch this year so i guess i will see by the end of the year if they will send me something like this.

Latest Threads