Our valued sponsor

Paying EU VAT and privacy

Nomado

Nov 4, 2023
Uae
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a uae freezone which sells digital goods to EU customers. So I have to collect eu VAT.
For some reasons I can't use a merchant of records (paddle...) to collect and declare vat for me anymore.

What could I do to declare the EU VAT without putting my name on the declaration on the MOSS website ?

Is there any other way (I didn't think about) than creating a company with a nominee ?

I sell digital services, and after some years they suddently realized that they didn't like my business anymore. Almost no charge back, no risk for them...i have to say that I do not understand their decision.
I read that MoR don't like digital services in general, why? I don't know..

I did but if I'm not mistaken Stripe tax only gathers info about how much vat you owe on your sales, and generates reports... They are not like a merchant of records who would handle the vat on the seller's behalf.

I'm just looking for a way to not put my freezone and my name in the EU VAT system. Any ideas?

Hi all,
I have a uae freezone which sells digital goods to EU customers. So I have to collect eu VAT.
For some reasons I can't use a merchant of records (paddle...) to collect and declare vat for me anymore.

What could I do to declare the EU VAT without putting my name on the declaration on the MOSS website ?

Is there any other way (I didn't think about) than creating a company with a nominee ?
Registering a PE with authorized representative could be an option.
Basically someone who just has authority to represent your company in front of the tax authorities and file declarations.
The PE could be such that it doesn't create PE for corporate tax purposes based on the treaty, since its only ancillary activities.

Thank you Don for your idea.
I am not familiar with this setup.
Practicaly how does it work? is it like opening an empty shell company in the EU and then authorize somebody like an accountant to be acting in my name ?
How is this different than using a nominee?

Thank you Don for your idea.
I am not familiar with this setup.
Practicaly how does it work? is it like opening an empty shell company in the EU and then authorize somebody like an accountant to be acting in my name ?
How is this different than using a nominee?
If you are referring to the difference with using a nominee director, then it's very different because you are only giving authority to someone to submit tax declarations on behalf of your company and not acting as a director/branch manager and concluding transactions on behalf of your company.