Our valued sponsor

Permanent residency in Paraguay

Hello, people. There is an easy place for getting permanent residency with minimum expenses and waiting time. It's a small country in South America called Paraguay. For permanent residency you need :
1) Birth certificate with apostille or consulate legalization.
2) Legal passport with an entering stamp
3) Police record from your country or from the country where you lived the last 5 years (you need to show resident card of that country too) with apostille or consulate legalization.
4) Marriage/Divorce/Widow certificate (if you had those relations with someone) with apostille.

Then the government ask you for a proof of economic solvency. There are two easy ways :
1) Bank deposit of 4,800$ in the BNF bank of Paraguay.
2) University diploma with apostille or legalization.

Other required documents you get within Paraguay. Waiting time for the response from the migration borad : 3 to 8 months.
But I can help you in getting it way faster in just one month. You can contact me via email about the prices of my services.
I am working with expats helping them to solve their problems in Paraguay in the last 3 years. And one of those problems include getting permanent residency, driver licence and other stuff without much trouble.

The good thing about PR in Paraguay is that you don't need to be 180 days or something like that in the country every year. The only requirement is that you should't be abroad for more than 4 years. Generally migration board doesn't care for now and there are people who lived outside of Paraguay for more than 8 years without losing PR.

Also you can apply for citizenship after 3 years of your residency. Paraguay has crypto places for exchange, so there is no need of sending money via Banks.

Can you guys keep the language in English please and stay on topic?

is that all needed, you don't get a passport do you?
Residency in Paraguay is easy. Citizenship is very difficult. For citizenship, you will need an attorney (or a fixer with an attorney) who is very politically connected and also enough money to pay the attorney and to grease the wheels of the bureaucracy all the way to the judges who approve your citizenship application. It also requires Spanish fluency. Be sure to find someone with a proven track record, not just empty promises.

Residency in Paraguay is easy. Citizenship is very difficult. For citizenship, you will need an attorney (or a fixer with an attorney) who is very politically connected and also enough money to pay the attorney and to grease the wheels of the bureaucracy all the way to the judges who approve your citizenship application. It also requires Spanish fluency. Be sure to find someone with a proven track record, not just empty promises.
Yep, you need an attorney (and money) or a "friend". Requirements are not difficult, it's more about human factor.

Can you guys keep the language in English please and stay on topic?

is that all needed, you don't get a passport do you?
Okay.
It's for PR. For passport there are few more requirements. Also you need an attorney and some money to pay for some people. It will be expensive compared to PR, yes.

any semi-legit certificate should do I guess.
In English or Spanish. They don't check strictly what you show them.
Аххххааааахххааа :)
Are you the last one of my clients, hehe?

Last edited:
Does having PR give you tax residency?
You need to apply for a tax certificate in gov. revenue service (SET in Paraguay) in case if you need an international tax residency certificate like VAT. You don't get it automatically by having PR, but anyway applying for the certificate doesn't take much time (up to 1-2 months). And in case if you need just an local tax number, then getting it takes 1-2 weeks.

OK, I try again. What are the requirements for getting a tax residency certificate from Paraguay? Can you get it if you didn't spend any time in the country?

Can you easily get a tax number, any requirements for that?
1. ¿Qué es la residencia fiscal en Paraguay y cómo obtenerla?
2. After you file and pay your first year obigations.
3. Yes. Requirements: cedula, permanent residency card, police vida y residencia.

Nope :)

Can a non resident nowadays open a bank account in Paraguay?

Or perphas with some additional Paraguyan document which is easy obtainable? I guess I could ask, or buy from, someone to get me electricity bill with my name on it, for instance, if it'll help.
Absolutely not possible.

Reactions: tacokai
OK, I try again. What are the requirements for getting a tax residency certificate from Paraguay? Can you get it if you didn't spend any time in the country?

Can you easily get a tax number, any requirements for that?
1) You should get a PR
2) Nope, you can't get it legally this way.

Tax number it's easy to get, but you need to get a PR first if you want a personal tax number. Also you can open a firm with a tax number without being a resident, but you will need a co-founder with PR.

Damn, son!
Can a non resident nowadays open a bank account in Paraguay?
Nope, you can't.
Or perphas with some additional Paraguyan document which is easy obtainable? I guess I could ask, or buy from, someone to get me electricity bill with my name on it, for instance, if it'll help.
There is no way to get a bank account with that. Only with residency.

OK, so. I googled it myself and found the answer from pwc, you need to stay 120 days in a year to be tax resident in Paraguay.
I got for one client without this requirement, but it's pretty complicated and cost me around 2500$. It was easy for other client who just get it without being 120 days in the country. He just got PR residency years ago and lived like only 60 days in that year. Nobody cared.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutaltruths
I got for one client without this requirement, but it's pretty complicated and cost me around 2500$. It was easy for other client who just get it without being 120 days in the country. He just got PR residency years ago and lived like only 60 days in that year. Nobody cared.
So, what was the difference between those two clients? The process is just arbitrary -- or something else?

Latest Threads