Our valued sponsor

Permanent residency in Paraguay

> After approval, do I have to visit the country from time to time? Will my residency be cancelled, if I won't enter Paraguay every 5 years (or any other period)?

Per the old law, yes. I have yet to read the new law. However, this does not mean that the law is always followed and possibly there could be ways to arrange something. Here is a recent article from Ultima Hora re: the new law:

I read that the program is still open until 12/31/2022.
Is that true? Can I still apply for permanent residency in December this year?

After approval, do I have to visit the country from time to time? Will my residency be cancelled, if I won't enter Paraguay every 5 years (or any other period)?
Nope. New regime is fully enforced, although some corrupt lawyers are busy scamming their customers already that they can take care of it due to "established connections" to the country, for the right price. Of course, no such exclusion exists.

Once every 3 years.

• Sad
Reactions: Marie Manila
You do need Cedula to abtain drivers licence and motorbike licence. But you do not need to sit a test. Just pay the fixer or lawyer money, provide a photo via email or chat. And it will be delivered to you in 24hrs. That easy with my fixers. I just paid $250usd and got both the deivers and moto and didnt even have to leave my hotel.
Does the driver's license have an expiration date? Or is it valid for life?

I read that the program is still open until 12/31/2022.
Is that true? Can I still apply for permanent residency in December this year?

After approval, do I have to visit the country from time to time? Will my residency be cancelled, if I won't enter Paraguay every 5 years (or any other period)?
No it ended. But its not a good spot anyway. Better look elsewhere.
It makes only sense if you live on very modest means and want to leave western countries (which might not be the ideal thing to do as you can live quite well in western countries without having much to pay and get lots of benefits for free)

No it ended. But its not a good spot anyway. Better look elsewhere.
It makes only sense if you live on very modest means and want to leave western countries (which might not be the ideal thing to do as you can live quite well in western countries without having much to pay and get lots of benefits for free)
Paraguay cost of living is much cheaper than those "western" countries. If you are young and single it seems like a better place to live in general, besides having more freedom. Maybe if you are older and your country has a good public health system then it might be not the best place.

Paraguay cost of living is much cheaper than those "western" countries. If you are young and single it seems like a better place to live in general, besides having more freedom. Maybe if you are older and your country has a good public health system then it might be not the best place.
"more freedom" - they just had a census which required people staying in their home for the hole day with huge fines. Also they have seprelad and gafilad there. Does not sound like the freedom place to me, besides coming with the huge draw downs common to third world.

Cheap comes always at a cost. Better go to cheap Asian or African countries, or somewhere else like Brazil or Colombia.

Reactions: RealDude
"more freedom" - they just had a census which required people staying in their home for the hole day with huge fines. Also they have seprelad and gafilad there. Does not sound like the freedom place to me, besides coming with the huge draw downs common to third world.

Cheap comes always at a cost. Better go to cheap Asian or African countries, or somewhere else like Brazil or Colombia.
Come on, nobody was fined. Everyone stay because after the lockdowns, people are used to rof/% .. the complaints were because the census was a total fail, just to “use” money.. there was a great optimism and willingness to get registered by the census.
yes, seprelad and gafilat whom never saw anything suspicious in more than 10 years of the Gonzalez Daher’s brothers running and bribery, blackmail and usury scheme.

lmao lol and lol..

Come on, nobody was fined. Everyone stay because after the lockdowns, people are used to rof/% .. the complaints were because the census was a total fail, just to “use” money.. there was a great optimism and willingness to get registered by the census.
yes, seprelad and gafilat whom never saw anything suspicious in more than 10 years of the Gonzalez Daher’s brothers running and bribery, blackmail and usury scheme.

lmao lol and lol..
you can lmao and lol as much as you want, but these are facts, such systems are in place and supported by the overwhelmingly poor mass there.
Seprelad also goes to school to educate children etc.

For pocket change, you need to hand over all sorts of personal docs to the receiving party is a joke I laugh about.

Why would I go to such a place? Then Im better off even in Germany lol.

Reactions: jjrapy
under the new system, you get a 2 year temp residence

what are the requirements for getting the permenant residence after?

can I grab the 2 year, leave the country for 2 years, then come back and get the 5 year? do I need to spend time or file taxes or anything in this period?

No, you can get the RUC with TR. You can do the same things than with PR it just last 2 years instead of 10.

can I grab the 2 year, leave the country for 2 years, then come back and get the 5 year? do I need to spend time or file taxes or anything in this period?
can you explain it a little better with more words.. I don't understand it.

can you explain it a little better with more words.. I don't understand it
can you explain it a little better with more words.. I don't understand it.
With the temporary residency you have the same rights that someone with the permanent one ( you can get a CEDULA/ID, TAX ID, DL, open bank account, rent an apartment, work, travel around Mercosur or whatever) but it lasts for 2 years. For the tax id I think you need to stay a few months tho. After those 2 years you can apply for permanent I think, none knows the requirement for PR yet.

Lots of people getting these from Europe. Territorial taxation and as a Plan B + additional documents. The process seems pretty straight forward. If you have EU-University degree initial €5000 deposit is not even required. I wonder what the catch is? I suppose the problems might be with opening bank account there or so I heard? Lots of people therefore resort to services like xapo.com and use them with Paraguayan Tax ID.

That's all I mostly know.

Lots of people getting these from Europe. Territorial taxation and as a Plan B + additional documents. The process seems pretty straight forward. If you have EU-University degree initial €5000 deposit is not even required. I wonder what the catch is? I suppose the problems might be with opening bank account there or so I heard? Lots of people therefore resort to services like xapo.com and use them with Paraguayan Tax ID.

You don't even need a university degree anymore just show up for a few days. I got my ID here in like 40 days, yes banks are a pain in the a*s if you need to receive money from other countries.

The banking is the problem with their insane aml army.
If you manage to 100% rely on remote banking for running your life and by only withdrawing cash from atm, you can live well.
But offshore banks often do not like opening for Paraguay residency, so you need to find your solution for this and choice is lower.

Reactions: whatname
You don't even need a university degree anymore just show up for a few days. I got my ID here in like 40 days, yes banks are a pain in the a*s if you need to receive money from other countries.
Proof of balance is not required too? I heard they want either that or that. I'm not sure what do they consider as proof whether I have sufficient amount of money elsewhere. Thanks

Latest Threads