Our valued sponsor

Personal bank account with legit EEA bank

Mark12

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for personal bank account with high transfer limits and with a personal IBAN number. I am a EU resident (Bulgaria). Can you recommend me a bank that offers such services? I tried fidor, but their site is only in German, dealing with google translate is a bit of a pain and I don't know about their reliability. If I have to visit to open the account I can travel in the EU.

Thanks.

Reactions: Btraveler
Fidor bank actually works great for personal accounts and you get your own IBAN account number. Alternative you want to look into Transfer Wise which is offering a similar service.

Personal real banking with personal visit is possible with the banks in Gerogia, search the forum it is posted all over it here.

poland and hungary best option, no limits banks, euro and usd, visit for 2 hours
Which banks?

I am a bit suspicious of fidor because of these reviews:

Also it is a pain because I don't speak German.

Georgia seems pretty suspicious to me.

TransferWise doesn't have a bank license, but they have good limits and don't bother you much. You can try Revolut - they are licensed now, so you will also get protection, but limits are strict and they can block your account without warning - and it can take months to get it back if at all (see forums for many complaints).

Also Paysera is a good option.

Reactions: extremedox101
You can probably open it in some another country, if you have an address where the card can be delivered. I have some Russian and Belarussian friends who have done this while visiting EU. At least then, N26 didn't ask any proof of residency.

You can open N26 without living EU by using your friend address, renting adress etc.. but I believe you will face problems if you start to deposit 5-6 figures. Check their policy:

Reactions: Martin Everson
You can also try bunq but its 50k daily limit per an account.

You can open N26 without living EU by using your friend address, renting adress etc.. but I believe you will face problems if you start to deposit 5-6 figures. Check their policy:

Which part of the policy do you see as a potential problem?

TransferWise doesn't have a bank license, but they have good limits and don't bother you much. You can try Revolut - they are licensed now, so you will also get protection, but limits are strict and they can block your account without warning - and it can take months to get it back if at all (see forums for many complaints).

Also Paysera is a good option.
i agree with the of most this post .

• are a resident of a supported country

It is very easy to become a legal resident in other EU countries as an EU citizen. Somewhere you need a rental contract, somewhere even it is not needed. If problem arises with N26, you can just get paperwork done and you're a resident.

They also write on their site:

Should you have an existing account with us and move to a country where N26 is not yet available for 18 months or more please get in touch with our Customer Support.

So you can use N26 without problems for quite a while outside supported countries..

Reactions: Almouk
@traveller79
You can stay in any country for several months in a hotel or in a rented flat but this does not make you a resident. If you're in any country without a residency permit, you're not a resident. N26 can request residency proof at any time especially if you have active or high balance account.

I don't think they will request your residency proof immediately but there will be always a risk. Not with N36 but I faced the same situation in the past.

Should you have an existing account with us and move to a country where N26 is not yet available for 18 months or more please get in touch with our Customer Support.

They're asking to get in touch with CS because most probably they will start the account closing procedure.

You can stay in any country for several months in a hotel or in a rented flat but this does not make you a resident. If you're in any country without a residency permit, you're not a resident. N26 can request residency proof at any time especially if you have active or high balance account.
ost probably they will start the account closing procedure.

I was obviously talking about "legal residency". In another EU countries it is often as simple as registering at city hall or similar place. It is not that you have to apply for residency, you just let them know you have moved in. There are certain legal grounds to deny registration, but practically, it is not going to happen.

They're asking to get in touch with CS because most probably they will start the account closing procedure.

Well, like I wrote, 18 months is a long time. After that, you can again activate your residency somewhere where N26 is operating and be good for another 18 months. No need to contact anybody and ask for trouble.

I was obviously talking about "legal residency". In another EU countries it is often as simple as registering at city hall or similar place. It is not that you have to apply for residency, you just let them know you have moved in. There are certain legal grounds to deny registration, but practically, it is not going to happen.

Well, like I wrote, 18 months is a long time. After that, you can again activate your residency somewhere where N26 is operating and be good for another 18 months. No need to contact anybody and ask for trouble.

I think you mixing up 2 differents things: "registration" and "residence" . You can be registered in a particular EU city with a simple travel visa, while for residence you are required to have some legal grounds: studying, working, marriage etc. something that justifies the reason for obtaining the residence permit. Thus 99% of the EMIs nowadays require the "proof of residence", not just "registration".

I think you mixing up 2 differents things: "registration" and "residence" . You can be registered in a particular EU city with a simple travel visa, while for residence you are required to have some legal grounds: studying, working, marriage etc. something that justifies the reason for obtaining the residence permit. Thus 99% of the EMIs nowadays require the "proof of residence", not just "registration".

For EU citizens, registration leads to legal residency.

More info here:

As I wrote earlier, in some countries just ID document is required, somewhere right to live in the address (permission from the owner, rental agreement) is needed. Somewhere you might need to proof employment, sufficient funds etc. But in any case, it is easy.

Latest Threads