Our valued sponsor

Proper tax and company set up for digital-product seller from Greece

papadhmitriou

Offshore Agent
Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.

This looks like a great forum and I appreciate the fact that it's available.

My situation: I live in Greece. I sell information products and software I create (both instantly downloadable ). I also promote products as an affiliate. I get paid mainly via Paypal (and a little via Clickbank).

Some questions I have:

Am I supposed to be paying VAT to the Greek government for the sales I make? If yes, what percentage?

How am I supposed to "show my numbers" to the authorities? Do I export my "Paypal reports" as a spreadsheet once a month and then I print it out?

Am I supposed to be "insured"? And as what? A merchant? A service provider?

I've heard that one of the best ways to run such a company is to set up a Delaware corporation and sell through that - and then I would be a "paid consultant" for that company. How does that work?

I'm not making huge money yet but I want to properly be set up for "growth" as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Am I supposed to be paying VAT to the Greek government for the sales I make? If yes, what percentage?
You have to charge local VAT. I have been forced to do so as in my country.
How am I supposed to "show my numbers" to the authorities? Do I export my "Paypal reports" as a spreadsheet once a month and then I print it out?
It's possible, you may consult a local tax advisor I believe.

I've heard that one of the best ways to run such a company is to set up a Delaware corporation and sell through that - and then I would be a "paid consultant" for that company. How does that work?
I personally have a Seychelles company, looking into Delaware and Nevis now. The process to create a company in one of thise countries is fairly simply. You just need a passport copy and utility bill that's it.

Thanks for the answers guys...

fundmanager said:
You have to charge local VAT. I have been forced to do so as in my country.
It's possible, you may consult a local tax advisor I believe.
The thing is that the local tax advisors are not familiar with online marketing at all. :-(

I would love to find a person (anywhere on Earth), who can provide authoritative answers to all the questions I have. I'd gladly pay them for their expertise too. Not sure if I should join the mentor group here (things in Greece are in "flux" right now and I'm not sure if someone can provide "real answers" - but that would be great).

Thanks!