Our valued sponsor

Recommend an International Tax agent

Would anyone recommend an International Tax agent I could speak with please?
You want to let us know what this is about, just some more information so you can get the right direction.

Yes as Admin says we need more info. There is not a one size fits all for international tax unless you choose one of the big 4 firms.

You want to let us know what this is about, just some more information so you can get the right direction.

Of course sorry. Good point:
  • I have a business that can be located anywhere. So a zero or low tax country would make sense.
  • Let's call it a drop shipping model / system selling worldwide.
  • I will be moving to Thailand.
  • I have dual citizenship for both UK & Australia.
  • I was looking at a UAE Freezone licence, but the annual fees are higher than the common go to's BVI etc.
  • The income comes in various currencies and doesn't not go in or out of said / chosen country of incorporation, so banking isn't an issue. It's all via companies like Transferwise / Worldfirst etc (there are many and more coming all the time).

Last edited:
Reactions: EliasIT
The most important piece in that puzzle is Thailand, since that's where you will be living.

While I don't have experience with them in Thailand, Mazars, Baker Tilly, and Grant Thornton are reputable firms and seem to have offices in Thailand. They will be able to advice based on your UK and Australian citizenships as well, although as long as you cleanly sever ties to both neither should be a problem.

There might be smaller local firms worth looking into as well.

Hey, feel free to email me (click on the banner in signature), happy to answer your questions.
Dear Gediminas, if in the process of your engagement a client of yours would like to discuss some ways around some tax issues would your services provided fall under DAC 6 reporting obligations?

Will you and your partner CPA will be reporting your clients historic arrangements?

DAC6: Cyprus adopts EU Council’s deferral amendment​

On 27 July 2020 the Cyprus Tax Department (‘CTD’) issued a circular confirming that it will be adopting the optional deferral and extending the time frames within which intermediaries and relevant taxpayers will be required to disclose information under Common Reporting Standards and DAC6.

The deadline for the reporting of historical cross-border arrangements which were implemented between 25 June 2018 and 30 June 2020 is extended from 31 August 2020 to 28 February 2021.

If he is based in EU he will have to. Otherwise no.

Hi AdamT1, I'm not in the EU. Appreciate you trying to help though.
within a month you did not find any? be more specific, you see there is no one able to answer you or give you hints with that less information.

and I asked the same DAC6 question @Gediminas whether they will report EU clients that use their services.

Still got no reply. Will they be providing services as nothing happened and reporting their clients to tax authorities?
again you post the same off topic question. If you want to know this open your own NEW thread and ask. You are off topic here!
Sucks To Be You Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

within a month you did not find any? be more specific, you see there is no one able to answer you or give you hints with that less information.
Sorry, I did find and speak to a few. (All externally from here). I was just repsonding to a message here that came in a month later.
I recive a reply from someone who was kind enough to offer to help here but I think they are a bit too busy. I respect that and don't want to hound them.

I recive a reply from someone who was kind enough to offer to help here but I think they are a bit too busy. I respect that and don't want to hound them.
who is that if you don't mind?

Dear Gediminas, if in the process of your engagement a client of yours would like to discuss some ways around some tax issues would your services provided fall under DAC 6 reporting obligations?

Will you and your partner CPA will be reporting your clients historic arrangements?

DAC6: Cyprus adopts EU Council’s deferral amendment​

On 27 July 2020 the Cyprus Tax Department (‘CTD’) issued a circular confirming that it will be adopting the optional deferral and extending the time frames within which intermediaries and relevant taxpayers will be required to disclose information under Common Reporting Standards and DAC6.

The deadline for the reporting of historical cross-border arrangements which were implemented between 25 June 2018 and 30 June 2020 is extended from 31 August 2020 to 28 February 2021.

We would not fall under DAC6 reporting obligations.

Latest Threads