Our valued sponsor

Recommendations for EMI and/or Bank in Czech Republic

dirtypair23

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Hey Folks,

I am looking for any recommendations for an EMI or bank that would be based in the Czech Republic offering an account in CZK along with Debit Card.

EU resident + citizen but living outside of CZ.

Everything I have found so far requires you to show up in branch, so looking for a service similar to Monese where all KYC can be done online.

Any ideas?

- FIO Bank could be possible if you have some address in CZ to receive letters and someone to send them back
- Transferwise does offer an account in CZK (easiest)
- A new slovak EMI is 365.bank - offer CZK accounts, but not sure about all details, probably it is just for ppl with Slovak/Czech IDs. Regards.

Last edited:
- FIO Bank could be possible if you have some address in CZ to receive letters and someone to send them back
- Transferwise does offer an account in CZK (easiest)
- A new slovak EMI is 365.bank - offer CZK accounts, but not sure about all details, probably it is just for ppl with Slovak/Czech IDs. Regards.

FIO Bank is one of the worst banks I've ever used, do NOT ever get even close to them.
Clueless people, bad attitude, useless service, literally worst bank ever, stay away if you value your sanity.

FIO Bank is one of the worst banks I've ever used, do NOT ever get even close to them.
Clueless people, bad attitude, useless service, literally worst bank ever, stay away if you value your sanity.

I don't question that a particular person can have a bad experience but in general this is nonsense and it's a legit bank (actually very cheap one)

Reactions: momordica
True, the bank is so cheap that the furniture in offices look like they have been found in the trash of some soviet ministry from the last century

Without going into too much details, they blocked a perfectly normal wire (that NO OTHER BANK has issues with) for 6+ months, refused to release it or credit it, refused to do anything in email, had to visit it again and still it wasn't solved, then I had to visit it again until they gracefully agreed to wire it back where it came from.

In addition to that, the debit cards never arrived and they just closed the account without any warning\email\post\letter or anything else.
Check the reviews of this bank in Google to see plenty of customers that wish they never saw this godforsaken bank

True, the bank is so cheap that the furniture in offices look like they have been found in the trash of some soviet ministry from the last century

Without going into too much details, they blocked a perfectly normal wire (that NO OTHER BANK has issues with) for 6+ months, refused to release it or credit it, refused to do anything in email, had to visit it again and still it wasn't solved, then I had to visit it again until they gracefully agreed to wire it back where it came from.

In addition to that, the debit cards never arrived and they just closed the account without any warning\email\post\letter or anything else.
Check the reviews of this bank in Google to see plenty of customers that wish they never saw this godforsaken bank

Hello!

If it’s not too much to ask, is your account based in Czech Republic or Slovakia?

Big lol regarding the furniture... I thought the same when I went to their main branch in Bratislava :)

it's a regular bank licensed by Slovak central bank (SNB)
great thanks for the input. Does that mean there is no introducer required to open this account? What about personal visit someone know?

great thanks for the input. Does that mean there is no introducer required to open this account? What about personal visit someone know?

no introducer
for business account personal visit is necessary
for personal account it's possible to open online if you have already an account in any Slovak bank (it's used for so called "verification payment") - application is submitted online and the process is super fast

same applies to Czech Republic