Our valued sponsor

Reference letter from bank how do I get one?

blainchain

Offshore Agent
Mar 28, 2011
Hungary
Visit site
How can I get a bankers reference letter to open a offshore bank account?

The problem is that I don't have a bank account at the moment, in my country it is not easy to get one. I have applied for offshore bank account and they are asking for a bank reference letter and that it is a requirement in order to open the bank account :thumbsDown:

Can you help to get a reference letter for me or suggest where to get one?

Well there are banks which don't require a reference letter from a current bank, however, the only one I personally know of is Barclays in the Seychelles but they increased the minimum deposit amount to be not less than $50.000 for private accounts, I'm not sure if that will work for you.

Otherwise you may look for a bank to start with that isn't offshore and try opening a bank account there without a reference letter, once you have been a customer there for a while (6 - 8 months or so) you may request them to give you a reference letter which you at this time then can use to open a offshore bank account!

Reactions: happyjohn
A sample of a reference letter can be found here /offshore-applications/cclogic-reference-letter.pdf however, I believe that most banks will know what to put in the letter and even have samples them self.

The problem is that there are so many crocks out there and fools who don't have a bank account because they misuse it, so all others have to bleed for it, and therefore most banks require a reference letter now a day.

We have seen a work around on this particular issue but can't provide such our self nor do we know if they work!

Last edited:
From what I heard there are banks in Latvia and Lithuania like Bank of Lithuania but please check on your own.

If you find a bank that doesn't require a reference letter then please post back here so it may help others looking for the same.

I'm happy that I have been of help, and happy on behalf of yours that you managed to get a reference letter from Barclays that fast.

If you have a good relationship to your banker it's not a problem at all to get a bankers reference letter! Issues may rise if you don't have a private or personal contact person at your current bank.

You go to your current bank and ask your banker to write up a rference letter for you. If you are a good customer there it's a 5 min. thing for them to do. If they know you of course...

Reactions: pesto
There has been posted a sample in some other threads before of a Bankers Reference letter, anyway, below you can find a sample again which you can hand over to your current bank so they may know exactly what it is you need from them. Not all banks will give you the reference letter directly, some require it to be send directly to the other bank.

reference-letter-for-offshore-bank-2015.jpg

/monthly_2015_05/reference-letter-for-offshore-bank-2015.jpg.8b82c2904ddb55f2867346fe4f368b82.jpg

Reactions: pesto and happyjohn
Why would I want to have such letter from my bank?
It may be cause your bank will ask for it in order to open an account for you! Most often when you apply for an bank account with a new bank they will ask for a bankers reference letter! This apply for offshore banks so for onshore banks!

It may be cause your bank will ask for it in order to open an account for you! Most often when you apply for an bank account with a new bank they will ask for a bankers reference letter! This apply for offshore banks so for onshore banks!
I had a new reference letter with me to Switzerland from my current bank, they require it to open an account here!

Is it an problem to get a bankers reference letter from you bank? I asked them and same day a few hours later I got my reference letter with starting "To whom it may concern" so no problems at all.
Defiantly not all banks around will treat such a request similar to yours.

Some banks don't require it to open an account. What you could do is get an account in certain Balkan countries, with no deposit and then just ask for a reference letter straight away. It's really easy, done it a ton of times and showed others how to do it as well.

Some banks don't require it to open an account. What you could do is get an account in certain Balkan countries' date=' with no deposit and then just ask for a reference letter straight away. It's really easy, done it a ton of times and showed others how to do it as well.[/quote']
ahh, is that possible when I open an account? My bank told me that I have to be customer there for a few years before they want to write such letter.

Latest Threads