Our valued sponsor

Remote bank account opening in Asia

Hong Kong and Singapore banks will require you to make a visit. I actually don't know of any asian banks that won't expect a visit. I have an account in Singapore. The bank is pretty good but the minimum balance is high.

Reactions: negon
What's the minimum balance you need to maintain with this bank? and did you visit them?
Minimum balance is $30,000 per account / currency. I have a couple currencies I work with so the minimum balances really add up. That $30,000 was also a special (I think is still going) but they often had it set at $50,000 prior.

Reactions: negon
Thanks, lots of money to be maintained in the bank! Did they require you to come visit them?
I did have to visit also yes. For me it was fine as I was going through anyway though. I honestly don't see the reason for it either. I did nothing except sat there while my registered agent handed over all the paperwork etc.

Reactions: JohnSeed
I did have to visit also yes. For me it was fine as I was going through anyway though. I honestly don't see the reason for it either. I did nothing except sat there while my registered agent handed over all the paperwork etc.
They wanted to see you in person just to check if you are who you said you are, stupid requirement from the bank it seems to me.

Reactions: syn