Our valued sponsor

Reporting

How much is "very little money" for you?

I'm very concerned about how EMIs are reporting their clients money. I was thinking about open some accounts on different EMI and limit up to 10k € each. Could this work?

I have less than €1,000 on my Paypal and Skrill, and I don't have any EMI account. Actually, I don't understand why so many people have EMI account. For real money, I only trust real banks. In non AEOI countries, of course.

Actually, I don't understand why so many people have EMI account. For real money, I only trust real banks. In non AEOI countries, of course.
It's because real EMI (not those who are operated by banks or used to be EMIs and became banks) don't report anything (at least not yet). Also all of them allow remote account opening which is not the case when dealing with banks. Non AEOI countries are mostly exotic, politically and socially much less stable and not everyone is willing to travel.
Btw. words "trust" and "bank" don't match very well anymore - it's of course matter of opinion, we all live in different countries and under different conditions...

I'm not expecting the non reporting of EMI to last long, and I'm totally against remote opening. I guess I'm getting old, but I need to walk in a bank to see that it's real. Regarding non AEOI countries, as of today, there are more than 100 of them, so there are opportunities... But I have to agree, the list is shrinking. I've been very surprised to learn that Albania will join by 2020. Till then, having an account at Raiffeisen in Albania is a great thing.

I'm not expecting the non reporting of EMI to last long,
Me neither - but that's why it's so popular nowadays.

I'm totally against remote opening. I guess I'm getting old, but I need to walk in a bank to see that it's real
It's all about the point of view I guess - you needed to know if the one who's holding your money is real at the times when the money was real. Now it's virtually worthless, fully dependent on the trust of masses and current world order. It's pretty much like crypto - the difference for now is that it has much more (compulsory) users and protected by (so called) "law".
Better to look at money just as a mean of exchange and temporary value holder before putting it to something more stable - in that case you can easily live with EMIs run by some garage guys in Russia or Belize.
Much bigger problem is that all these people behind banks and EMIs know you identity, address, dates etc. plus how much you have.

But I have to agree, the list is shrinking. I've been very surprised to learn that Albania will join by 2020. Till then, having an account at Raiffeisen in Albania is a great thing.
Yep, they want to Europe and these are the drawbacks :-(

Latest Threads