Our valued sponsor

Residence in Monaco + US LLC

Does anyone know specifics on how much deposit Monaco banks currently require to open an account and get the documents for residency?

Once you have residency can you transfer your money out of the bank leaving just the 500k officially required?
Officially is 500k, but usually banks require 1-5m depending on bank.
No you cannot transfer out. They will close account and your residency will be revoked.

sounds pretty amazing having your balls in the hand of a bank like that. Dont they have another program which reduces the role of the bank to just a transfer mechanism?
They do, but it's usually only offered (sometimes) to "insiders".
NGL, I fell for this hook, line, and sinker a long time ago too but then 9/11 didn't even happen yet so it was easier to navigate afterward. It took me +2 decades to find out I could have gotten there a much easier way. To be fair, I was young, dumb, and full of c** and I fell for it triple as bad as most other people. Not ashamed to admit they got me good, and they got me for more than triple what I could have had that carte de séjour for. stupi#21 cry&¤

PS. Mind you, I went at it alone. Had I gone the route with "service providers and attorneys", I would have been fooled +10 times the amount :rolleyes:

sounds pretty amazing having your balls in the hand of a bank like that. Dont they have another program which reduces the role of the bank to just a transfer mechanism?

Why is it a problem to have 1-5M in an investment bank?

If you move to Monaco it is because you have that money (or more) and because you want to continue generating tax-free wealth for the next few years (money that you can invest in other banks or other assets if you don't want to put all your eggs in the same basket) . If the expectation is to not continue generating wealth and only have 1-5 million, what is the reason for moving to Monaco?

In Monaco there are banks like Julius Baer, UBS, BNP Paribas, Barclays, HSBC... in which different banks do you have your money in your country? Are other banks (smaller I suppose) safer than these?

It does not matter whether the investment funds or the portfolio in which you invest are kept in one place or another (except for the commissions, which are cheap considering you have 0% taxes). In the event of bank bankruptcy, financial instruments do not work the same as deposits.

Having money invested in Monaco does not mean that in an emergency you cannot use that money without losing your residence. You just have to be a little creative.

Personally, I see no safer place (and without excessive storage or management headaches) to have money than in a diversified portfolio of funds/ETFs/blue chips. And if you don't tolerate the risk in FOF or bonds.

Warren Buffett, George Soros, Ray Dalio and many other billionaires have been keeping their money in stocks (custodied by banks) for decades without any problem. And during that time there have been wars, global economic crises, pandemics, social conflicts, ponzi scams like those of Bernie Madoff, bankruptcies of large banks like Lehman Brothers, the only thing left is for aliens to come to Earth and annihilate us.

Why are private banks in Monaco less safe than those in Switzerland, the United States or Singapore? I ask because I don't know, maybe you can give me a rational explanation as to why I shouldn't put between 1-5M in an investment bank.

They do, but it's usually only offered (sometimes) to "insiders".
NGL, I fell for this hook, line, and sinker a long time ago too but then 9/11 didn't even happen yet so it was easier to navigate afterward. It took me +2 decades to find out I could have gotten there a much easier way. To be fair, I was young, dumb, and full of c** and I fell for it triple as bad as most other people. Not ashamed to admit they got me good, and they got me for more than triple what I could have had that carte de séjour for. stupi#21 cry&¤

PS. Mind you, I went at it alone. Had I gone the route with "service providers and attorneys", I would have been fooled +10 times the amount :rolleyes:

The way I'm going to do things is as follows (correct me if I'm on the wrong side):

I'm not going to go to a bank and tell them that I want to deposit money because I want residency in Monaco. That will probably make them greedier and put me in a worse position to negotiate.

I'm just going to go to the banks and tell them, I have this amount invested in Estonia (amount that meets the requirements of most banks) and I am looking for management options in Monaco. What conditions do you offer me? I just want to maintain the same investments that I have in Estonia in the same products, and that we negotiate where to invest the next capital that I add to the account (listen to their s**t).

After 2-3 months, I now want to live in Monaco because I suddenly liked Nikki Beach and the food at Jimmy's is very good.

Can you give me the reference to process the residency?

1. Yes. Great we continue working together.
2. No. Perfect, I cannot trust the management of my assets to someone who is not "my friend."

I never get angry because banks want to do as much business as possible with me. I see it logical. There are industries that are greedier than others. And there are people who have some values and others who are totally different. It is the process of dealing with society.

Something similar to having a girlfriend. If you go with a traditional Slavic girl, she will want you to open doors for her and give her flowers. If you go with a feminist Dutch girl, she will pay for your coffees and even ask you for an open relationship.

We should not get angry because there are attitudes that differ from our values. If your goal is to inseminate that bitch, you will have to play the cards in your favor just as you do when dealing with banks.

Last edited:
The best thing in the long term, and what is my goal with the following capital, is to use a second private bank for my investments.

If they don't see exclusivity, they will make an effort to keep you happy so as not to lose business with you.

Going back to the women analogy (@jafo you started with it hahaha :) ), it's like if you have a girlfriend and she doesn't see chicks around you, then she will feel safe and lose respect for you. If there is always competition around, she will fear her position as queen, which will make your life much easier.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: ilke, Don and jafo
it's like if you have a girlfriend and she doesn't see chicks around you, then she will feel safe and lose respect for you. If there is always competition around, she will fear her position as queen, which will make your life much easier.
rof/% smi(&%
You are 100% on the money! :cool:

I don't even get the same cable/landline internet company as my cellular phone company. I prefer to pay EXTRA rather than subscribe to bundle packages. If I have NO choice and there is ONLY 1 option, I find a (voluntary & paid) scapegoat to open the other account for me. I've witnessed so many "legal scams" by employees of multinationals that I NO longer even give them the slightest chance. ;)

Whatever you believe in, the "diary entries" in the world's best-selling book make this painstakingly obvious:
1708006789068.png

Don't lead others into temptation :cool:

The way I'm going to do things is as follows (correct me if I'm on the wrong side):

I'm not going to go to a bank and tell them that I want to deposit money because I want residency in Monaco. That will probably make them greedier and put me in a worse position to negotiate.

I'm just going to go to the banks and tell them, I have this amount invested in Estonia (amount that meets the requirements of most banks) and I am looking for management options in Monaco. What conditions do you offer me? I just want to maintain the same investments that I have in Estonia in the same products, and that we negotiate where to invest the next capital that I add to the account (listen to their s**t).

After 2-3 months, I now want to live in Monaco because I suddenly liked Nikki Beach and the food at Jimmy's is very good.

Can you give me the reference to process the residency?

1. Yes. Great we continue working together.
2. No. Perfect, I cannot trust the management of my assets to someone who is not "my friend."
In hindsight, what I should have done was to stay at that 5-star hotel first, walk to the back, and then to the right. Introduce myself stupi#21 but I didn't know of its existence and still, today, almost 3 decades later, they STILL don't advertise that service on the internet or anywhere :oops:

I would have gotten that carte de séjour without much effort and without locking up so much money. It cost me "opportunity cost" cry&¤

Try it first.

My friend recently did get 100% established in MC after 1 year of rent and that's exactly what it took for him to find the right home to purchase too.

That "office" has the right contacts with immigration and banks. They have been low-key doing it for decades. ;)

They do NOT advertise that service AT ALL! ;)

Last edited:
rof/% smi(&%

I don't even get the same cable/landline internet company as my cellular phone company. I prefer to pay EXTRA rather than subscribe to bundle packages. If I have NO choice and there is ONLY 1 option, I find a (voluntary & paid) scapegoat to open the other account for me. I've witnessed so many "legal scams" by employees of multinationals that I NO longer even give them the slightest chance. ;)

Whatever you believe in, the "diary entries" in the world's best-selling book make this painstakingly obvious:
View attachment 6219

In hindsight, what I should have done was to stay at that 5-star hotel first, walk to the back, and then to the right. Introduce myself stupi#21 but I didn't know of its existence and still, today, almost 3 decades later, they STILL don't advertise that service on the internet or anywhere :oops:

I would have gotten that carte de séjour without much effort and without locking up so much money. It cost me "opportunity cost" cry&¤

Try it first.

My friend recently did get 100% established in MC after 1 year of rent and that's exactly what it took for him to find the right home to purchase too.

That "office" has the right contacts with immigration and banks. They have been low-key doing it for decades. ;)

I will follow your advice. After all, it is where I planned to live. ;)

Reactions: jafo
rof/% smi(&%

View attachment 6219

Try it first.

what is that "hotel"? but still you need deposit money in bank?

Last edited:
Reactions: uranium
whatever you do, be careful as in monaco there are plenty of "facilitators", that will want up a fee up to 5-10% of your wealth for the bank account + residency package, plus the fees and VAT if you buy real estate.
It could get expensive.

Thanks for the advice, I will take it into account. :)

To open the bank account I meet the requirements of most banks in Monaco. I don't think there are problems here.

Processing residency is a simple process of collecting and sending basic documentation.

I am not going to buy housing in Monaco, I am only going to rent. I don't know if in 10 or 20 years I will live in Monaco. Maybe yes, or maybe not.

And I don't like having my money physically invested in bricks.

I like to have the freedom that if my life interests change in the future, the move won't be complicated.

Thanks for the advice, I will take it into account. :)

To open the bank account I meet the requirements of most banks in Monaco. I don't think there are problems here.

Processing residency is a simple process of collecting and sending basic documentation.

I am not going to buy housing in Monaco, I am only going to rent. I don't know if in 10 or 20 years I will live in Monaco. Maybe yes, or maybe not.

And I don't like having my money physically invested in bricks.

I like to have the freedom that if my life interests change in the future, the move won't be complicated.
Hello, baltic7, what are your overall expected costs for renting apartment, including utilities etc., in Monaco per year ?

@baltic7

Have you thought about establishing a branch office for your Estonian company in Jersey?
This way, you get access to 0% CIT and, at the same time, exemption from economic substance requirements in Jersey since the company will not be a resident of Jersey.

To get an exemption from tax in Estonia, the branch office needs to generate at least 1 cent of tax in Jersey.
This can be achieved by generating some property income since all Jersey property income is subject to tax at 20%.

Then, the branch's profits can be redistributed to the shareholders tax-free. This works in both cases, whether you are a resident of Monaco or Estonia.

Reactions: ilke
@baltic7

Have you thought about establishing a branch office for your Estonian company in Jersey?
This way, you get access to 0% CIT and, at the same time, exemption from economic substance requirements in Jersey since the company will not be a resident of Jersey.

To get an exemption from tax in Estonia, the branch office needs to generate at least 1 cent of tax in Jersey.
This can be achieved by generating some property income since all Jersey property income is subject to tax at 20%.

Then, the branch's profits can be redistributed to the shareholders tax-free. This works in both cases, whether you are a resident of Monaco or Estonia.
That's a very smart solution, I think it will work well indeed.

Reactions: Don
150-180k, but I can go up to 250k. The thing is that I have seen very interesting options for between 150-180k.
Really?

I have been looking as well and saw some great options for half of that...

Anyways... let us know how you're doing with the process. And if you find a banker who's not too greedy (pidiéndole peras al olmo) please send the contact my way.

Cheers!

1) You don't need the guernsey setup
2) I would suggest you setup a Monaco SCP (it's a transparent company, civil company - so not taxed), check-the-box to make it opaque for US tax purposes
3) make the monaco SCP own the US LLC

I would be curious on how your setup went!

1) You don't need the guernsey setup
2) I would suggest you setup a Monaco SCP (it's a transparent company, civil company - so not taxed), check-the-box to make it opaque for US tax purposes
3) make the monaco SCP own the US LLC

I would be curious on how your setup went!
Very interesting.

Question though: what's the problem with owning the LLC directly? Why would you go the SCP route?

Latest Threads