Our valued sponsor

Rietumu - for all victims of fraudulent account closure and theft of funds

I am in the same situation. Lost 30K USD in 5 months due to the banks delaying tactics. Finally closed the account on exactly JUNE 1 for another 5000 USD fee.

I have contacted FMFC and wait to hear from them, if at all.

Let me know what we can do.

This is just ridiculous, I have had the same issue. Literally zero notice. I had the account frozen and took over 2 months to be able to gather all the documents the bank wanted. By then the bank took the liberty to charge €500 penalty for late submission of evidence they wanted and eventually even with all the documentation they asked for being sufficient the bak said that they still cannot maintain accounts for offshore companies. Then they charged another €2500 to release the funds, so that's a total of €3000 just to get my own money back from them! This is a total fraud and this bank should be investigated and shut down. Also, I still have not received the funds that were in my account.

let me repeat it again - you can accept the deal, but it will definitely cost you something. In my case it means a total costs of 5100 Eur + what ever they decide to charge. Are you prepared to give up 20% of your hard earned money ?
And if you later on find out, you have been tricked into a bad deal, you can't do nothing, as you have given up your right to claim anything.

I agree with Desmond, that to sign the "offer" is a bad idea. In general, our cases are very similar, so if we take a joint action, get a lawyer to have a look at our cases, we will get a better deal.

We are all here new members, so we can not send a message to someones inbox (it's called a conversation here), but you can post on my wall, so please do so, if you are interested in a joint action.

Hi,
I have replied to a few posts but so far no answers? I am also a victim of this Rietumu scam and lost 30K usd. I have contacted the FMFC and others and wait for replies. I am ready to join anyone in a group suit if possible.

Has anyone tried to contact their account manager at Rietumu to get clarifications on exactly what fees they are planning on charging? If they'd be willing to disclose what the actual charge would be rather than asking me to write them a blank check I'd be willing to consider it.
There is no way the bank will allow anyone to speak to management. My personal manager left the bank & they never informed me or gave me a new one. I lost over 30K USD in 6 months.

Hi guys!
Did you here about website "We Are Not Shell"? It's mostly about Rietumu.
There is the Telegram-channel with all the guys who were clients of Rietumu, you are welcome to join. Right now it's mostly Russian-speaking, but you can speak English there as well.
I am one of you. I have around 80K euro, Scottish LP.
I am sure the only thing the bank cares for now is the publicity. They are trying to erase all the information everywhere it is published. Because of myself, there are 2 articles in Russian, but we need more, much more.
Next week I am going to Riga to talk to the police. My wife is from Riga, so if you need any help in the translation from English to Latvian - you are welcome. Let's stay together, guys!

Hi all,

OK lets get this Rietumu scam straight. From what I have read on this site there is no standard system to this bank. On Nov 2017 I was told all the same story as most of you. Frozen account etc. On Jan 2018 they initiated a 5000 USD fee and decided to change all USD to Euros at my cost. I lost 30K USD due to their delaying tactics while trying to open a new bank account. They would only send my funds to an account under the same name & registration number. What a bad joke.

So far I have received no answers to my posts on this site?

Please contact e so we can get this organized. [email protected]

I know several people who did eventually get their funds out of Rietumu over the last couple of months. You need an account in the same company name in an EU - OECD country, and you need to make sure your company is up to date with apostilled documents. I suggest not to sign any deals but just push them to close the account, keep reminding them that you are fully compliant and that you have complied with everything they asked for and do not accept their fees. Eventually it works. They will go for the easier targets, like people who tried to cut corners with their offshore structures.

My IBC was fully always compliant and up to date. as of Feb 2014. I never signed any paperwork nor was I given any deals by them. Rietumu used the possible money laundering scam to freeze my account and had to give me no explanation as to why. They refused to discuss it in any way. I then had to find another bank account with the same registration number as my IBC. between the various countries I tried and Rietumu bank delaying tactics it took 6 months to complete. Many of the offshore countries refused to accept funds from Latvia and wanted too much time to set up the account. I finally got one in Mauritius, Afasia Bank, and transferred my money. During this time period Rietumu initiated a 5000 USD fee a month from Jan 1 2018, fired my personnel manager and did not give me a new one, changed my USD account to Euros and charged me for it and never notified me of any of these new changes. ALL my telephone calls were only accepted by a operator who knew nothing of the banks procedures and would not allow me to speak to ANY management personnel at any time. They gave me every imaginable excuse to delay me such as more useless paperwork, unreal processing time and just not giving me any acceptable answers. My final transfer stared on May 18 2018 and they keep delaying it until exactly June 1 2018 so they could charge me another 5000 UDS. total loss 30K USD. I just can't stand by & let them get way with this criminal activity. I am trying to get some satisfaction and my money back. I am in touch with other members and would appreciate anything you may wish to offer to get this settled. I am waiting on numerous replies from various agencies in Latvia as per the sites suggestions.

Steve

I would suggest simply to start a lawsuit against them claiming compensation for your losses. Forget about class action lawsuits as they will be too complicated to organize. The good thing is in Latvia lawyers are not too expensive.

Do you believe this? Until I see I can not trust this bank. It is compromised.
I agree, however, on the other side I belive that most people don't want accept to complete the compliance process and for that reason call scam and fraud. However, let's see how this is going to end, hopefully with a lot of people that got their money.