Our valued sponsor

Russian President Putin announces military operation in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt CHF pegged to EUR? If Europe starts printing money, Switzerland will follow.

By safe I mean less likely to get inflation higher than 5%.
Maybe SGD?
Inflation has been low, also SGD/USD has been stable

Isnt CHF pegged to EUR? If Europe starts printing money, Switzerland will follow.

By safe I mean less likely to get inflation higher than 5%.
Swiss national debt in relation to GDP is only about 42%. The Swiss National Bank removed the Euro peg in 2015, saying it was no longer sustainable. Anyone in forex at the time remembers that calamity. Considered a foreign currency, the euro can be used in Switzerland, but change is given in francs.

Remember, when choosing to store wealth in a foreign currency, you are choosing a handful of least bad apples from a giant bucket of really bad apples.

Swiss national debt in relation to GDP is only about 42%. The Swiss National Bank removed the Euro peg in 2015, saying it was no longer sustainable. Anyone in forex at the time remembers that calamity. Considered a foreign currency, the euro can be used in Switzerland, but change is given in francs.

Remember, when choosing to store wealth in a foreign currency, you are choosing a handful of least bad apples from a giant bucket of really bad apples.
Many Swiss companies (try to) pay their foreign employees in EUR (force) instead of CHF since 2015...

Maybe SGD?
Inflation has been low, also SGD/USD has been stable
SGD is backed by USD..

I remember hearing some fresh info that even though CHF is not directly pegged to EUR, Switzerland would try to adjust their currency to the inflation of EUR. That is done to keep Swiss products competitive in Europe. Is that info correct?

Last edited:

Not any more. It use to be pegged by SNB years ago but they removed the peg. I remember it blowing up some brokers that went into bankruptcy after they did that.

What currency do you think could be safe?

None.

You are correct. Russia has not even established air superiority, something that the world expected to occur on day one of the invasion. That is not debatable.

So, things are actually worse for Russia than portrayed in the Western media.

Don't believe what you read...lol. I see they banned RT news of most platforms now as west don't want a different narrative....lol. Russia is negotiating with Ukraine and I pray for peace. Air power was not needed here at all. US military just confused why Russia didn't go in and blitz all military infrastructure and massacre everyone like they would do. They think this is operation desert storm. But no one knows what Putin has planned only he does I guess.

I remember hearing some fresh info that even though CHF is not directly pegged to EUR, Switzerland would try to adjust their currency to the inflation of EUR. That is done to keep Swiss products competitive in Europe. Is that info correct?

You are correct. The SNB will step in and stop CHF appreciating too much. A strong CHF will wreck the Swiss export market and economy. It's not like Swiss goods are cheap to begin with. Thats why they held that peg some years ago.

:) how can i accept it ?Did you stopped any war created by US ?This is a US war and nothing else.
Friedman spoke of that war already in 2015 and that there will be a conflct.
Must be a clairvoyant that he even predicted in 2015 the 3 seas initiative.Or maybe its the execution of their plan heh ?
What kind of crap do you write???

This explains why the western world is fucked:
It gives a glimpse into the culture, but doesn't give a realistic picture about the fighting capabilities of those armies. Captured Russian soldiers shown in social media are rather pathetic, way below their Western equivalents. Of course they have soldiers that are more professional, perhaps VDV (airborne) and some of the Chechens, but they too seem to enjoy an oversized reputation. A Russian attack against Nato would end in a bloodbath, just as happened to Russian Wagner mercenaries in Khasham, Syria.

Russian army has some major internal problems, such as treating their own soldiers like s**t. In this war, Russia started from false premises and also fought in a different way than they train (no combined arms). Moreover, they made some very serious, beginner-level mistakes with logistics and communications. Ukraine is mostly unable to capitalize on those mistakes, but many Western armies would. Russians will probably raze down Kharkiv, Kyiv, Mariupol and other cities, which will only stiffen the Ukrainian resistance.

Anyway, in absence of a coup in Moscow, we'll have a new cold war that could last a decade.

Reactions: kkein
Air power was not needed here at all. US military just confused why Russia didn't go in and blitz all military infrastructure and massacre everyone like they would do.
Martin, this is the strangest thing that you have ever written. The primary purpose of establishing air superiority is to ensure that your ground forces do not get slaughtered by your enemy's air force. That did not happen.

You are correct, Russia did not need to establish air power to destroy "all military infrastructure and massacre everyone." But Russia did need to establish air superiority to defend its own troops, tanks, vehicles, and ground supplies. That is basic warfare 101. It did not happen. Truly shocking.

:) how can i accept it ?Did you stopped any war created by US ?This is a US war and nothing else.
Friedman spoke of that war already in 2015 and that there will be a conflct.
Must be a clairvoyant that he even predicted in 2015 the 3 seas initiative.Or maybe its the execution of their plan heh ?
How is this an US war when russia attacked ukraine?

Captured Russian soldiers shown in social media are rather pathetic, way below their Western equivalents.
Let me understand this.
Compared to "Western equivalents" -- how have you measured that? In what environment? When those "Western equivalents" were captured by Russian soldiers, filmed and shown in social media? Give me the links then.

Russian army has some major internal problems, such as treating their own soldiers like s**t. In this war, Russia started from false premises and also fought in a different way than they train (no combined arms). Moreover, they made some very serious, beginner-level mistakes with logistics and communications. Ukraine is mostly unable to capitalize on those mistakes,
Oh the great prophet that you are and the great expert of the internal problems of the russian army.... which you've gotten from US or Western TV and newspapers and partially made up by yourself.... Go tell the Russian army about their initial mistakes and they might pay you, in bitcoin; otherwise they might loose without your help, which is of no one but of the true expert in the field. Do you even speak Russian?

Last edited:
Let me understand this.
Compared to "Western equivalents" -- how have you measured that? In what environment? When those "Western equivalents" were captured by Russian soldiers, filmed and shown in social media? Give me the links then.

Oh the great prophet that you are and the great expert of the internal problems of the russian army.... which you've gotten from US or Western TV and newspapers and partially made up by yourself.... Go tell the Russian army about their initial mistakes and they might pay you, in bitcoin; otherwise they might loose without your help, which is of no one but of the true expert in the field. Do you even speak Russian?
There are obviously some internal problems judging by all the videos which surfaced the last few days, especially logistic wise (Which are probably fixed by now) and young men not knowing what they are doing in Ukraine (which might be prolly opsec in certain cases). No need to get a tantrum mate.

Reactions: Golden Fleece
Russians have not even managed to shut down the internet in Ukraine yet. Nor have they established air superiority against a far less formidable opponent. Some soldiers do not even realize they are in Ukraine.

Totalitarian militaries always suffer from rigidity (a lack of seizing the initiative) and a lack of flexibility and adaptability, because dictators fear initiative and self-motivation -- anything that breeds independence.

When dictators fear being overthrown by the military, they take steps to reduce the risk of coups, and these steps have the unintended effect of reducing military effectiveness. Coup-proofing measures include promoting officers on the basis of political loyalty rather than merit, restricting training programs, creating centralized and convoluted command structures, and restricting self-motivation and initiative on the field of battle.

Reactions: KDX
Russians have not even managed to shut down the internet in Ukraine yet. Nor have they established air superiority against a far less formidable opponent. Some soldiers do not even realize they are in Ukraine.

Totalitarian militaries always suffer from rigidity (a lack of seizing the initiative) and a lack of flexibility and adaptability, because dictators fear initiative and self-motivation -- anything that breeds independence.

When dictators fear being overthrown by the military, they take steps to reduce the risk of coups, and these steps have the unintended effect of reducing military effectiveness. Coup-proofing measures include promoting officers on the basis of political loyalty rather than merit, restricting training programs, creating centralized and convoluted command structures, and restricting self-motivation and initiative on the field of battle.
How can it be that Russia and Putin are screwed, and are weak, but at the same time you're so fearful of them?

How can it be that Russia and Putin are screwed, and are weak, but at the same time you're so fearful of them?
Nothing that you just stated is true. It makes me wonder why you even took the time to say it.

1) I did not claim that "Russia and Putin are screwed" or weak. I just pointed out the obvious fact that invading Ukraine is proving not to be as easy as everyone expected -- and that the Russian military is experiencing many problems. Everyone said that Kiev would fall in three days.

2) Why would I be fearful of the Russian military? Where did I say that? I do not live in Eastern Europe. Russia only menaces those that are weaker than itself, which is why it wants a buffer from NATO.

BTW: I agree that there should be a buffer between Russia and NATO, wherever possible.

BTW: I agree that there should be a buffer between Russia and NATO, wherever possible.
So after all you are saying that you agree this war is US (or Polish) started with all the provocations?
By the way i learnt yesterday that the comedian seems to actually be a piece of s**t, he got most of his political opponents arrested by one way or another, even in the anti-russian side.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing the patriot with the citizen's arses to stay in the saddle. After all, whom else would Biden Jr. be doing his dirty business with?

Reactions: Old Spice and daxbr
Status
Not open for further replies.