Our valued sponsor

sanctioned country citizen to open offshore company

dotas

Jan 21, 2021
Visit site
So I'm a citizen of a sanctioned country and wanted to open an offshore company mostly for transferring money. I have around 50-60k USD in Asia and more in Europe.
(I'm also getting my 2nd passport in 2 years or so which will make this process much easier and faster than now.)
I opened a company in turkey (because why not really: cheap, fast, and better than nothing), but because of my nationality and turkey's banking system as a whole, I cannot transfer high amounts or get loans at all.
I contacted a couple of companies that help to open an offshore company but both said that they are gonna need my passport and much more details, which I knew is going to be a waste of time and money because of nationality and etc.
I thought about opening a shell company and bearer shares but couldn't find anything online + 99% of the companies have mixed reviews some saying they are great some calling them scams.
I can travel in person if necessary for any reason also (tbh visa, especially Europe, is the easy part).
Also, I need to mention that I already can transfer money from 3rd party ppl which might not be the most legal but I really want to do it on my own.
So I wanted to know if anyone can help me here or give me any advice, which I would really appreciate.

What I'm looking for:
1.Opening for my nationality OR Opening a shell company (or 100% anonymous without the need of an ID or passport or any traceback to my nationality) with bearer shares.
2.Opening a bank account to transfer money freely between ASIA (Korea, Hong Kong) and Europe and ofc turkey.
3.0 Tax or Low Tax (which I'm not going to work much with the company, but I might if needed, so its gonna be more like the fees and taxes for transactions between countries)

Reactions: lory
What I'm looking for:
1.Opening for my nationality OR Opening a shell company (or 100% anonymous without the need of an ID or passport or any traceback to my nationality) with bearer shares.

How can we provide help when you don't specify your nationality?

Reactions: lory and JohnLocke
(I'm also getting my 2nd passport in 2 years or so which will make this process much easier and faster than now.)
If you can, just wait two years.

I contacted a couple of companies that help to open an offshore company but both said that they are gonna need my passport and much more details, which I knew is going to be a waste of time and money because of nationality and etc.
I thought about opening a shell company and bearer shares but couldn't find anything online + 99% of the companies have mixed reviews some saying they are great some calling them scams.
Almost no banks accept companies with bearer shares. Even so, you will still need to identify yourself with the bank so they will find out who you are.

What I'm looking for:
No such thing as anonymous banking anymore. You're at least 20 years too late, I'm afraid.

2.Opening a bank account to transfer money freely between ASIA (Korea, Hong Kong) and Europe and ofc turkey.
Depending on your nationality, are there any friendly countries you can go to?

Reactions: lory and JohnLocke
How can we provide help when you don't specify your nationality?
What is that "sanctioned" country? It would be much easier to advice
apparently, I cannot edit my post, and tbh I didn't think that sanctioned countries differ from each other, but it makes sense sorry for not mentioning it.
My nationality Is Iranian.
If you can, just wait two years.

Almost no banks accept companies with bearer shares. Even so, you will still need to identify yourself with the bank so they will find out who you are.

No such thing as anonymous banking anymore. You're at least 20 years too late, I'm afraid.

Depending on your nationality, are there any friendly countries you can go to?
Great info, but I think there might be anonymous banking still but maybe for higher class people probably.
and as I said I already opened a company in Turkey but it's nothing close to what I want.

Great info, but I think there might be anonymous banking still but maybe for higher class people probably.
No, there isn't. There is no such thing as anonymous banking anymore.

Things changed in 2001. It had been in motion for a while but 2001 really turned things around. Before then, it was still possible to have effectively anonymous banking but nowadays, no, not without breaking laws.

and as I said I already opened a company in Turkey but it's nothing close to what I want.
With an Iranian citizenship, you don't have many other options. A bank risks massive penalties if they take you on. Far greater than what they would earn in fees.

Reactions: JohnLocke
No, there isn't. There is no such thing as anonymous banking anymore.

Things changed in 2001. It had been in motion for a while but 2001 really turned things around. Before then, it was still possible to have effectively anonymous banking but nowadays, no, not without breaking laws.

With an Iranian citizenship, you don't have many other options. A bank risks massive penalties if they take you on. Far greater than what they would earn in fees.
I mean it's weird kinda when I can still transfer with western union or transferwire but you cannot transfer much with them, fees and etc. Also not a long term solution.

There is a way by openning a company in one of eastern european countries and hiring a local director and having a UK LLP as owner and having a 3 other companies from eastern europe as a partners in UK LLP.

Banks in eastern europe just requires business registry extract and ID card of a director. If director has ID card from EU country and business registry does not show owner of local company from a high risk country (in this case, it will be UK LLP), they open account in less than 1 hour.

Eastern european banks are not used to require any reasonable KYC documents from local companies. They does not care who is UBO. They care about UBO just in case if company has any govermental institution as a customer.

So, there is a solution..

Reactions: wellington
My nationality Is Iranian.

You need a new address outside Iran. The passport is not necessarily the problem as there are Iranians everywhere outside Iran banking and running businesses from London to Switzerland to Dubai to US. The problem is the Iranian address. A few Iranians go across border to Armenia and even as far as Georgia to get a new address. As long as you have a new address and your activity is not related to Iran you may be ok.

Reactions: lory and LoveMyLife
You need a new address outside Iran. The passport is not necessarily the problem as there are Iranians everywhere outside Iran banking and running businesses from London to Switzerland to Dubai to US. The problem is the Iranian address. A few Iranians go across border to Armenia and even as far as Georgia to get a new address. As long as you have a new address and your activity is not related to Iran you may be ok.
Very true. There are many Iranians living in UAE too and they have no problems ? Did you try UAE? I think I saw Bank Saderat Milli Iran (pardon my spelling as i don't know Persian language) with lots of branches in Dubai. But with UAE you definitely need a residence visa nowadays.

There is a way by openning a company in one of eastern european countries and hiring a local director and having a UK LLP as owner and having a 3 other companies from eastern europe as a partners in UK LLP.

Banks in eastern europe just requires business registry extract and ID card of a director. If director has ID card from EU country and business registry does not show owner of local company from a high risk country (in this case, it will be UK LLP), they open account in less than 1 hour.

Eastern european banks are not used to require any reasonable KYC documents from local companies. They does not care who is UBO. They care about UBO just in case if company has any govermental institution as a customer.

So, there is a solution..
Interesting, what countries and banks in Eastern Europe?

Firstly thank you all for answering, I really appreciate it and sorry for not replying sooner.
As I said Im living in turkey for a few years now but it didn't help at all. I opened individual bank account here (local bank) and opened a company but cannot open bank account in any international bank Like ING, QNB, or even private banks like İşbank. I have an address, house, and assets even but I guess citizenship is a must at this point.
How about getting a residency somewhere? Then at least you have more chances in your new place of living.
I have already, turkey. but as I mentioned no help, waiting for citizenship.
Very true. There are many Iranians living in UAE too and they have no problems ? Did you try UAE? I think I saw Bank Saderat Milli Iran (pardon my spelling as i don't know Persian language) with lots of branches in Dubai. But with UAE you definitely need a residence visa nowadays.
UAE is even harder, most of the Iranians you see have 2nd passport or asking 3rd party people to transfer money.(this is as far as I know maybe there is actually another way and I would love to know). and that Bank Saderat Milli is worthless from what I know there is Melli bank is turkey also but they literally don't do anything you cannot even get money.
easy. Opt for a second citizenship today, and you can open bank accounts with MOST banks around the world. I assume you have been living outside Iran for last 5 years... so can go for Vanuatu Citizenship and can open a bank account in Vanuatu or with big Hong Kong / UAE / Singapore / Switzerland banks
I still don't have the 2nd passport but soon (in 2 years) I will have one. Investing in island countries seems risky to me. but thanks for the advice ;)
Defini

Definitely not Slovakia and Hungary... Even local companies beneficially owned by Iranians have big problems to open bank accounts. Using UK entities to confuse the beneficial ownership makes it even harder
Yes I heard that also but I think I need to find that gem country in eastern Europe that might exist *hopefully*
OP there is some very useful advise here from OCT's Gurus which I would follow if I would be in your shoes.
I'm all ears and thankful ;)

again thank you all for taking your time and answering. I hope soon with the new president and administration in the USA sanctions might hopefully be lifted. then I will buy you all a beer ;)

Firstly thank you all for answering, I really appreciate it and sorry for not replying sooner.

As I said Im living in turkey for a few years now but it didn't help at all. I opened individual bank account here (local bank) and opened a company but cannot open bank account in any international bank Like ING, QNB, or even private banks like İşbank. I have an address, house, and assets even but I guess citizenship is a must at this point.

I have already, turkey. but as I mentioned no help, waiting for citizenship.

UAE is even harder, most of the Iranians you see have 2nd passport or asking 3rd party people to transfer money.(this is as far as I know maybe there is actually another way and I would love to know). and that Bank Saderat Milli is worthless from what I know there is Melli bank is turkey also but they literally don't do anything you cannot even get money.

I still don't have the 2nd passport but soon (in 2 years) I will have one. Investing in island countries seems risky to me. but thanks for the advice ;)

Yes I heard that also but I think I need to find that gem country in eastern Europe that might exist *hopefully*

I'm all ears and thankful ;)

again thank you all for taking your time and answering. I hope soon with the new president and administration in the USA sanctions might hopefully be lifted. then I will buy you all a beer ;)
No, that will not happen. I would rather prepare for some bombs by the new president.

You could ask a trusted friend opening a new account for him and you can use it to run your affairs thru it.

Latest Threads