Our valued sponsor

Saxo bank crypto withdrawal

Bill D

May 3, 2021
Europe
Visit site
Hello, If this is a good method wondered why nooned talked about them for this purpose on the forum.
I wanted to know if someone had experience cashing out crypto gains to Saxo bank ?
1)Do they allow third party deposit (from highly reputable crypto platforms, CB, ...) or only from bank account under your name ?
Do they onboard client which wealth derive from crypto trading ?
2)If you open an account at Saxo within the EU, can you then move outside of EU without having to closed your account and opening a new one with the new residence ?(is it the same entity serving inside and outside EU ?)
thanks

I would ask same about Tinkoff bank, and transfer to/from ADV (which does not allow third-party payments), but with Tinkoff how to make third-party payments to non-rus IBAN etc.

after initial setup and verification 'paperless' means that you will not get mail unless you order new credit card and even then you can receive emergency card replacement to your airbnb, but proof of residence required for opening account

Last edited:
Best Long term solution will be

Crypto Broker -> EMI -> Normal Bank -> Saxo bank
Or
Crypto-> p2p Paypal -> Normal bank -> Saxo bank
Still would need to apply for an account, is crypto wealth, with clear origins and paid tax, fine to open one ? Or they refuse client with only crypto origin wealth
Saxobank is controlled in Denmark, as such you will have strict restrictions to even apply for an account. I would stay away.
What kind of restrictions ? Is it worst for example than a sq?

Still would need to apply for an account, is crypto wealth, with clear origins and paid tax, fine to open one ? Or they refuse client with only crypto origin wealth
They onboard your Crypto Wealth however once onboarded you are limited to the Crypto Certificates they offer - no real Crypto.

What kind of restrictions ? Is it worst for example than a sq?
Saxo Bank goes more into the direction of some kind of Revolut, Wise etc. so it's more a Broker then a Bank while Swissquote is more a Bank then a Broker with Multi Currency Debit Card, Company and Foundation Accounts etc.

And of course Swissquote who is partnered with Bitstamp is using Bitstamp as liquidity provider, they just launched recently there own independent Crypto Exchange as welll and they are fine of cpurse with sending and receiving funds from Exchanges as well.

For me personal most important point is that Swissquote is public listed while Saxo Bank isn't.

Saxo Bank especially 1m+$ trading and custody is 50-70% cheaper then Swissquote.

Both are regulated in EU - Saxo (Denmark) and Swissquote (Luxembourg) and both are regulated in Switzerland as well.

Reactions: troubled soul
They onboard your Crypto Wealth however once onboarded you are limited to the Crypto Certificates they offer - no real Crypto.
You could withdraw Eur directly from Cb/kraken to them via sepa? ( without the strange emi/bank route proposed above)
I dont care their crypto trading just want them for stocks/etfs

Saxo Bank goes more into the direction of some kind of Revolut, Wise etc. so it's more a Broker then a Bank while Swissquote is more a Bank then a Broker with Multi Currency Debit Card, Company and Foundation Accounts etc.

And of course Swissquote who is partnered with Bitstamp is using Bitstamp as liquidity provider, they just launched recently there own independent Crypto Exchange as welll and they are fine of cpurse with sending and receiving funds from Exchanges as well.

For me personal most important point is that Swissquote is public listed while Saxo Bank isn't.

Saxo Bank especially 1m+$ trading and custody is 50-70% cheaper then Swissquote.

Both are regulated in EU - Saxo (Denmark) and Swissquote (Luxembourg) and both are regulated in Switzerland as well.
Saxo has same entity serving Eu and uae? if you move residence between these can keep the same pos/account ?

Actually Swissquote has lower custody fees than Saxo bank. The trick is they overcharge UAE-based customers. You open an account with Swissquote CH directly and you will pay a maximum 200 CHF per year for custody. Any Swiss broker's trading fees will always be expensive because of the swiss stamp tax.

Actually Swissquote has lower custody fees than Saxo bank. The trick is they overcharge UAE-based customers. You open an account with Swissquote CH directly and you will pay a maximum 200 CHF per year for custody. Any Swiss broker's trading fees will always be expensive because of the swiss stamp tax.
Exactly and in the turn being onboarded with the DIFC Swissquote Entity it hasn't the Swiss Stamp Duty - possible starting 1m$ - Company / Foundation Account welcome as well.

The real deal in terms of Fees is SQ LU but very limited for the time being what you can trade and do there and no Complex Structurs - not sure if they don't want or can't while SQ CH onboards even Panama Holding Companies - for SQ LU a UAE Holding Company is already not possible claiming it's not really possible under EU Banking License.

Reactions: rowena
Exactly and in the turn being onboarded with the DIFC Swissquote Entity it hasn't the Swiss Stamp Duty - possible starting 1m$ - Company / Foundation Account welcome as well.

The real deal in terms of Fees is SQ LU but very limited for the time being what you can trade and do there and no Complex Structurs - not sure if they don't want or can't while SQ CH onboards even Panama Holding Companies - for SQ LU a UAE Holding Company is already not possible claiming it's not really possible under EU Banking License.
And saxo provides you a personnal iban ?do they accept direct euros withdrawal from Coinbase/kraken ?

Saxo Bank doesn't allow 3rd party topups. They only accept transfers from accounts in your own name.
You get a personal IBAN in the main currency you selected on setup and can request more (Example EUR and USD).
If they board people with crypto wealth, I don't know. But if you have all tax documents in order (like you write), it's worth a try.

Is swissquote like a bank with brokerage? I read you get your own IBAN. Can you use it for transfers, paying bills...etc.? If you have residency in UAE, which entity makes more sense for personal account - CH, LU, UAE? I'm leaning towards CH.

Latest Threads