Our valued sponsor

Say the Financial World will crash, where to put your assets?

Are you preparing your assets for the future and a near standing collaps?

• I don't believe there will be a "financial crash", I don't care!

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I already prepared my self and assets by investing in Gold, Diamonds ans similar assets!

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Until now I didn't know this was a possible threat!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I don't know??

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
I don't know the answer to the question, but diamonds would be towards the bottom of my list of assets, I wouldn't be keeping a significant amount.
Thanks for your inside, maybe you are right, and for sure no one should put all his assets into one basked, spread the investment.

As you can read from some of the forum gurus, leave the EU as long as you can, move everything out there if possible. Sadly not all are able to do that, but places like Dubai and Georgia seem ( I have no personal experience ) to be just 2 places out of many.

...why they see a country like Georgia who was recently invaded by Russia as a safe place? Also Cyprus with its bailins, aren't these like the 2 last places in Europe, you'd want to be?
Are we talking asset protection here, or war & famine? Cyprus scores bad in both counts. Georgia a bit better for both asset & personal safety. If we leave out the NATO deterrence, Russian tanks could run over countries like Latvia or Estonia in 48 hours. Georgia takes more time, as mountains slow down logistics & favor the defender.

For people of European origin, if a safe & peaceful living place was the overriding top priority, I would think places like Switzerland, Andorra, Spain (+Canaries), Portugal (+Madeira, Azores). EU passport holders have residency options - they can easily go live in any EU country, provided they can support themselves. In a very bad situation I wouldn't want to be in any place where I look like a total foreigner. During serious crisis, the borders will be closed. Right now there are Chinese stuck in Europe. They can't get any flight back to China.

Underdeveloped countries are great places to survive upheavals, just not sure about Georgia specifically - the epicenter of next conflict, and nothing since Brzezinski's Grand Chessboard says otherwise.
Besides Fault Lines, Brzezinski talked also about Youth Bulges causing conflicts. There is none in Georgia's immediate neighborhood, except maybe a tiny one in Russian Chechnya. Middle East & its vicinity seems to be like Australia - permanently on fire. There's your epicenter. It might swallow even a place like Dubai.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Middle East & its vicinity seems to be like Australia - permanently on fire.

lol

There's your epicenter. It might swallow even a place like Dubai.

Dubai is very vulnerable to problems in ME. If you look where it is located geographically in relation to Iran even its spitting distance. Even getting there by plane just look at the sh*t countries the plane has to fly over to get there eek¤%&. If conflict breaks out in middle east airspace closes and those ex-pats in UAE would be stuck in hell.

Are we talking asset protection here, or war & famine? Cyprus scores bad in both counts. Georgia a bit better for both asset & personal safety. If we leave out the NATO deterrence, Russian tanks could run over countries like Latvia or Estonia in 48 hours. Georgia takes more time, as mountains slow down logistics & favor the defender.

For people of European origin, if a safe & peaceful living place was the overriding top priority, I would think places like Switzerland, Andorra, Spain (+Canaries), Portugal (+Madeira, Azores). EU passport holders have residency options - they can easily go live in any EU country, provided they can support themselves. In a very bad situation I wouldn't want to be in any place where I look like a total foreigner. During serious crisis, the borders will be closed. Right now there are Chinese stuck in Europe. They can't get any flight back to China.

Besides Fault Lines, Brzezinski talked also about Youth Bulges causing conflicts. There is none in Georgia's immediate neighborhood, except maybe a tiny one in Russian Chechnya. Middle East & its vicinity seems to be like Australia - permanently on fire. There's your epicenter. It might swallow even a place like Dubai.
I mean for like business, asset protection, etc. Not some doomsday scenario like WW3 or nothing. BUt as an outsider looking in, why would you want to put your money in a bank in Cyprus with the bail ins? To me it would be like saying put your money in Greece or something. Georgia is pro-business, so I kind of see it but with Russia invading Georgia and Ukraine, to me I'm having trouble seeing why would someone want to put their money in a country where the Russians literally invaded not even 10 years ago.

... put their money in a country where the Russians literally invaded not even 10 years ago.
A war fought 11 years ago is spilled milk. Sure, there could be a 2nd round, but Russia is kind of busy now in Ukraine and Syria. I'm more worried about massive construction projects that could fail and damage the banks. Also, a lot of Azeri oil money gets laundered in Georgia. If banks are forced to clean their act, small clients get thrown under the bus first.

I agree GE and CY are both relatively bad. It is just that there is less and less room to manouver. People who want low taxes and some privacy, can't be choosy these days. They are being chased from the old tax havens in the center of Europe towards the peripherical countries. I doubt many people go "all in" with Georgia. In order to gain something (e.g. a tax residency), most risk just a tiny percentage, something they can afford to lose. (I'm in Tbilisi right now, btw.)

As to the actual topic: There are too many financial assets, and not enough real economy. Gold and bitcoin are my bets. Even if gold lost its status as monetary metal, it has many industrial uses. Hence it would maintain at least some of its value. Bitcoin has already survived 11 years. It gets better established by the day (could still fail). Mining reward block halving is just three months away. Less supply usually means higher prices. The Achilles' heel of both is government action: Taxing/confiscating gold, taxing/closing bitcoin-fiat gateways.

Basically, if the current financial system crashes, all assets are s**t. Even gold - supposedly a safe haven - took a hit in 2008 GFC. Then again, I'm the guy who said all countries are shitholes, so apparently my expectations are unrealistic.

I don't know the answer to the question, but diamonds would be towards the bottom of my list of assets, I wouldn't be keeping a significant amount.
Totaly ok whit that. When you buy a diamond is for "ever". :D Because you never get rid of it. And if it's mounted on a jewel it's even worse. To get trade with diamond is with loose diamond and in sealed methacrylate box and with HRD certificate from Antwerp. The store price can be around 13K for 1 carat, a high purity like VVS1 color F / G / H, very good polish, etc.
The wholesale price, the Rapaport will estimate it at 7K, and the trader who is going to buy it will offer you 3K. Therefore it is a brutal loss of capital. In the case of a financial crack, it is better to invest this capital in non-perishable food products or a small food production farm that will be the only thing that will have an exchange value
But forget diamonds.

Reactions: OTR365
Totaly ok whit that. When you buy a diamond is for "ever". :D Because you never get rid of it. And if it's mounted on a jewel it's even worse. To get trade with diamond is with loose diamond and in sealed methacrylate box and with HRD certificate from Antwerp. The store price can be around 13K for 1 carat, a high purity like VVS1 color F / G / H, very good polish, etc.
The wholesale price, the Rapaport will estimate it at 7K, and the trader who is going to buy it will offer you 3K. Therefore it is a brutal loss of capital. In the case of a financial crack, it is better to invest this capital in non-perishable food products or a small food production farm that will be the only thing that will have an exchange value
But forget diamonds.
That got me thinking, if the Fin system truly went to s**t, things like livestock and cows and produce type commodities like oranges and avocados would probably be worth a whole lot of money. You can sell cows anywhere from the stock exchange to rural auctions that occur everywhere, people will still buy food. The great thing is, much of this type of ownership can be hard to track if you set things up correctly. You can put your land in an anonymous corp, or simply do a 99 year lease, so the ownership is unknown.

simple: nobody knows
I agree, but if all the world's Guros speak the truth it will only go one way, and that's up. If the world lost their faith in the regular financial markets they seek alternatives.

Question for everyone: how would the next crash affect the Bitcoin price?

It will be 100% banned....lol.

You think governments will allow capital flight through bitcoin in a crisis..lol. That's mostly what it is used for in China and developing countries i.e to move money across borders and evade capital controls. It is not a store of value it is purely a laundering tool.

Question for everyone: how would the next crash affect the Bitcoin price?
if people lose money they will sell their bitcoin to get money to live, which will drive the price down massively and if it last it will affect the bitcoin miners which will have to sell more bitcoin which will bring the price even lower lol.
that said, as a long term store of value nothing beats bitcoin, the price is bound to go back up over time.
Bitcoin is decentralized, borderless, censorship resistant and peer to peer, what can beat that ?

if people lose money they will sell their bitcoin to get money to live, which will drive the price down massively and if it last it will affect the bitcoin miners which will have to sell more bitcoin which will bring the price even lower lol.
that said, as a long term store of value nothing beats bitcoin, the price is bound to go back up over time.
Bitcoin is decentralized, borderless, censorship resistant and peer to peer, what can beat that ?
who would want to sell BTC and what would they want in exchange? collapsing fiat or restricted gold?

like in Venezuela people would just start buying food and items with bitcoin. sellers will not want fiat so they'd accept Bitcoin as well. fiat holders will see whats going on and will probably rush to exchange their fiat for bitcoins so they can buy food and items later.

Latest Threads