Our valued sponsor

Second passport

I wonder why would anyone want a Paraguayan passport, they don't have dual citizenship. I you get a Paraguayan citizenship, you have to abandon your previous one.
Getting a residence, I get it, tax benefits and all. But citizenship? Why?

But I don't get this fixation with Paraguay. Isn't Uruguay as attractive?
When you apply for citizenship in Paraguay you need to make a declaration that you will renounce your previous citizenship, but nobody enforces this rule at all

Reactions: bizniz and CaptK
There is much misinformation here, mostly because people read unverified garbage on the web rather than actually consulting local lawyers and other experts. Here is an accurate statement from a Paraguayan immigration lawyer:

american passport holders are allowed to have a paraguayan passport without renouncing us citizenship.

it was true in the past that paraguay had laws against dual citizenship but this is no longer the case. there are international treaties that enable dual citizenship and it goes on a country to country basis so the existence of the treaty is the real issue.

If there is a treaty in place between your home nation and Paraguay, then dual citizenship is allowed. My information in post #180 is accurate as of a few years ago. You obtain permanent residency, you go back there in three years (learn to speak some Spanish in the meantime) and find a place to live in Paraguay, have your lawyer (a fixer with good political connections) file your application for citizenship, and then live there for a year or so until the Court approves it. It is a good quality passport. I am not sure that I would call this process easy, but it is certainly doable for someone who works remotely and much easier than obtaining citizenship in most countries. The important part is verifying the fixer's past results.

Last edited by a moderator:
No question it is a good document but the problem is noone gets approved. Goldmine for lawyers that for years collect bribes that supposed to go to judges but never leave lawyers' pockets.
As I said, for the third time, you must find a lawyer with political connections to the judiciary. I personally know someone who received his citizenship. If you have no plans to live in Paraguay for at least a year or so, then it is true that you will likely not get approved. People do not want to follow the rules, then they complain.

Reactions: CaptK
There is much misinformation here, mostly because people read unverified garbage on the web rather than actually consulting local lawyers and other experts. Here is an accurate statement from a Paraguayan immigration lawyer:

If there is a treaty in place between your home nation and Paraguay, then dual citizenship is allowed. My information in post #180 is accurate as of a few years ago. You obtain permanent residency, you go back there in three years (learn to speak some Spanish in the meantime) and find a place to live in Paraguay, have your lawyer (a fixer with good political connections) file your application for citizenship, and then live there for a year or so until the Court approves it. It is a good quality passport. I am not sure that I would call this process easy, but it is certainly doable for someone who works remotely and much easier than obtaining citizenship in most countries. The important part is verifying the fixer's past results.
The last thing I personally heard is that the only country that Paraguay has a treaty with is with Spain and Italy.
That user in the expat forum has no f*****g idea what he is talking about, and if he really claims to be a lawyer, it just shows you the level of "professionals" you are dealing with in that country.
There are no treaties with the US, yet.

You could illegally hold unto your previous citizenship regardless, for sure, as it would only be enforceable if they detect it by making stupid mistakes at the border, but technically unless you are not from Spain or Italy, dual citizenship is not allowed.

There has been talks to reform the constitution to make it legal by default, but it is not there yet.

But unless you decide to live in the country forever, I still don't see the benefit of going through all that trouble of getting naturalized
Naturalized citizens will lose their citizenship after 3 years of absence from Paraguay, in that aspect it is almost like a residency in practice... so, if that's the case, wouldn't suffice to just hold into a residency for tax purposes? I just don't see the appeal of going through all that trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
No reply means there is no website and most of the replies in thread page 10 is nonsense, isn't it that?

I'm considering a second passport and already spoke to some reliable user on this forum to help me. The costs is 20K US$ which us much but for a passport it is nothing I think.

The service I asked for help is found on the list of service providers from mentor group gold.

Reactions: polonieth
No reply means there is no website and most of the replies in thread page 10 is nonsense, isn't it that?

I'm considering a second passport and already spoke to some reliable user on this forum to help me. The costs is 20K US$ which us much but for a passport it is nothing I think.

The service I asked for help is found on the list of service providers from mentor group gold.
Well you should at least say what passport they are getting you.
Perhaps not every user is interested in buying for 20k$ a vanuatu pass

I wrote to you personally as my comment was deleted here. Kindly check PM.

Well you should at least say what passport they are getting you.
Perhaps not every user is interested in buying for 20k$ a vanuatu pass
cost is USD 20,000 for a passport? That is extremely suspicious as all reputable official programs start at USD 100,000

Some unofficial programs can start at USD 50-60k. If someone is selling you a passport for USD 20,000 - I would run, especially since I am 99% sure I know which country this is

Reactions: polonieth

Latest Threads