Our valued sponsor

Seeking Refuge from Legal Challenges Abroad

lory

Mentor Group Lifetime
Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I have a friend who had a Polish business partner who has sued me for breach of rights and other things; it's a long story. My friend lives in Switzerland and has paid a lot of money every month to expensive lawyers in Poland. If he lose the case, I suppose he will be extradited to Poland?

Are there any countries like Dubai, Qatar, or similar where one can seek refuge from such a verdict?

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Reactions: Forester and lory
I have a friend who had a Polish business partner who has sued me for breach of rights and other things; it's a long story. My friend lives in Switzerland and has paid a lot of money every month to expensive lawyers in Poland. If he lose the case, I suppose he will be extradited to Poland?

Are there any countries like Dubai, Qatar, or similar where one can seek refuge from such a verdict?
Are we talking about a civil case or a penal case? If he loses a civil case, he will only get the right to get the money from your friend. Having the right and getting the money are two separate things. He would then to go through the process of a Betreibung in Switzerland to actually get his money. In either case, he cannot be extradited to Poland for a civil case.

If he is charged in a penal case, he may get extradited if Poland is asking for. Most likely, he will first get a fine and only if he does not pay the fine, it will be converted into a prison sentence. Only in this case, Poland can ask for extradition. Then, comes the question. Is he Swiss? If he is Swiss, he won't be extradited as long as he does not leave Switzerland.

Reactions: Forester and jafo
How long has he lived in Switzerland so far?

I would recommend to check with a lawyer in this field. Also please do it as soon as possible as the chances of obtaining a visa with a criminal record are highly limited.

Reactions: Forester and jafo
Agreeing with @daniels27 on all points.
Amending that from what I witnessed and heard, Switzerland extradits non-Swiss people to EU countries with a will – if they are found guilty of a criminal activity.

Last edited:
Okay guys, thank you, it is clear with Switzerland, that's why I asked for alternative countries to relocate to where he can live without to be afraid of extradition!

And it is a criminal case - so I assume Switzerland will not protect him in any way. But are there other countries or places that would?

Well gonna be very difficult to dodge interpol if it gets to that point :confused:. Even countries without formal extradition treaties still extradite on a case by case basis based on many factors including nature of crime and rules under the countries constitution etc. But I can't see a move to anywhere helping if he enters interpol black book. And once that happens you cannot bank or travel pretty anywhere anyway.

Reactions: jafo and JohnLocke
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12345 and jafo
I was just about to suggest China, Russia, and maybe North Korea!
Maybe Peru or Paraguay. Otherwise, he can maybe live with @JohnnyDoe for a while in Dominican Republic?
rof/%

Brazil, Thailand, Russia they all host tons of EUSSR criminals searched by warrants. Just check the news on Google.

What we do not know is whether they don't cooperate with Poland now. I posted the link to the page of Polish agreements, maybe check their.

As mentioned before, there is little information in English if this subject and I had to use Google in Polish to get results. I therefore highly recommend getting a lawyer in Poland with background on this matter. Maybe the one from my link above.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Laos.
One of the pirate bay guys was living there for a few years without any issues, he got deported when he went to Thailand.

NOT Cambodia.
Another co-founder went to Cambodia, and found out that Cambodia will deport you for 59 millions.

Brazil, Thailand, Russia they all host tons of EUSSR criminals searched by warrants. Just check the news on Google.

What we do not know is whether they don't cooperate with Poland now. I posted the link to the page of Polish agreements, maybe check their.

As mentioned before, there is little information in English if this subject and I had to use Google in Polish to get results. I therefore highly recommend getting a lawyer in Poland with background on this matter. Maybe the one from my link above.
Brazil is safe if you have a baby there.
Thailand is deporting and extradition on the slightest request or Interpol notice, 100% unsafe.
Russia? Probably safe from deportation at the current time.

Brazil is safe if you have a baby there.
Thailand is deporting and extradition on the slightest request or Interpol notice, 100% unsafe.
Russia? Probably safe from deportation at the current time.

Again, X may be safe for a request from Y but not from Z. And also, laws change quickly. You really need to check with a lawyer in Poland who will alert you when something changes.

Seems Thailand was safe for Swiss orders at least in 2012.

I read somewhere than Cambodia does not cooperate with Poland
NOT Cambodia.
Another co-founder went to Cambodia, and found out that Cambodia will deport you for 59 millions.
Well this guy was high profile

I was just about to suggest China, Russia, and maybe North Korea!

I would also add Yemen. They are definitely not complying with any legal challenge from a western country. In fact they are daily firing missile at their ships sailing past conf/(%.

Latest Threads