Our valued sponsor

Seychelles IBC agent requests personal TIN

Onigiri

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
I am in a similar situation, I have a Seychelles IBC where I have been doing an affiliate business that earns 4 - 5 digits per month, with some EMIs as payment gateways because the corporate bank account in Cyprus was closed several years ago ...
Then, requirements from the local agent for updating the IBC have been increasing every year, such as accounting records from a few years ago, and recently the local agent in Seychelles started asking me my individual TIN and all other personal details as a beneficial owner (I am using a nominee) ...
Have you recently ever experienced with such requirements...? As long as I know, only the financial Institutions (mainly Banks), not each government (Seychelles), collect your TIN...
Now I am quite distrustful of for the Agent, so I am wondering if I should skip updating the company or not...

IIRC, Seychelles agents are required (or at least strongly encouraged) to collect TIN of clients. It's been becoming the norm in many jurisdictions lately.

As long as you aren't doing any kind of tax evasion, providing TIN to your RA isn't a huge deal.

And if you are doing tax evasion, there are many other ways you risk getting caught. Your RA having your TIN is a relatively small one.