Our valued sponsor

Seychelles off the EU Blacklist and now?

uplana

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Now that Seychelles has been removed from the EU blacklist, what do you think one can use such a company for now and in the future? Or should we just conclude that it is useless and will never be what it once was, a really cheap and good alternative to ALL other offshore jurisdictions worldwide.

I have considered it a bit back and forth, but until I have found an EMI, I remain skeptical and waiting.

FATF is not EU. Seychelles is still on EU's list of non-cooperative jurisdictions. The EU very often follows FATF's recommendations and may remove Seychelles soon, though.

Reactions: jafo
FATF is not EU. Seychelles is still on EU's list of non-cooperative jurisdictions. The EU very often follows FATF's recommendations and may remove Seychelles soon, though.

I think it was - according to the EU press release:

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...n-cooperative-jurisdictions-for-tax-purposes/

The Seychelles are on the "partially cooperative" list, i.e., cooperate and have pending commitments.

Didn't ABC bank of Mauritius accept account application for Seychelles IBC , or is it a vestige of the past ?
They did at least the last time I tried. You need an introducer for application.

And because they cooperate with any request from any government to disclose any information in their possession with official warrants.

Literally an email is enough and the disclose everything they have.
Do you had personal experience with this since you are going in such details?

Do you had personal experience with this since you are going in such details?
Yes, on separate occasions. First one dating back to 2012/2013. Last one as recent as 2022.

Seychelles has since then one function and one function only; yacht or plane registration. I used to be a big fan of the Seychelles for all the obvious reasons. As of 2014 I recommend people to stay far away except for going on holidays

And because they cooperate with any request from any government to disclose any information in their possession with official warrants.

Literally an email is enough and the disclose everything they have.
One possibility for this a TIEA (Tax Information Exchange Agreement), which aren't unique to Seychelles. Dozens of jurisdictions signed TIEAs with dozens of other jurisdictions between around 2008—2012 when focus shifted to CRS.

Tax havens were expected to sign a certain minimum number of TIEAs and most signed with the Nordic countries and a few other European countries just to satisfy the minimum.

Seychelles signed their first TIEAs back in 2011 and were initially heavily criticised for being to slow at providing information. They succumbed to that pressure while many others continued to find excuses to refuse or delay responses.