Our valued sponsor

Skrill business account, what's your thoughts?

They open accounts for business outside EEA ? It would be great they also provide business account

I have been using Skrill for almost 10 years never had a issue with the this company.

Today I saw they do crypto exchange too. No one has discuss this EMI before here?

I'm using Skrill/Neteller for years too and happy about the service. It's a very specific EMI not for regular people I think. Unless you have VIP status it's pretty expensive, slow support, they don't provide IBANs, they don't send money in your name and don't send to third party accounts, etc. Their value is somewhere else than day to day usage account in comparison to Transferwise, Revolut, Epayments and other new progressive services.

Their crypto sucks - you're not buying the currency and you're not able to withdraw it to your own wallet. It's an 'option' and you can only virtually buy it and the sell it inside skrill (both for 1.5% fee :-D).

For Skrill Neteller, some gambling companies (i.e. Asianconnect88 licensed in Curacao) use non merchant accounts (they have no restrictions with countries like France for instance).
I don't know how they can do (personal accounts? vip accounts? affiliate accounts?) in order to use them with such volumes (probably very high)?

I have been using Skrill since 2001... They were called moneybookers and were directly affiliated with gamebookers - a very good and popular bookmaker at that time. I had on and off relations with them. They were not causing issues to personal accounts being used for non personal purposes for years, until the s**t hit the fan (compliance) and they have started closing accounts down on a massive scale. Most people I know who were VIPs have accounts closed already. They were starting asking a lot of questions, asking for proofs etc. All of the sudden personal accounts for non personal use were no longer okay, although their T&C mentioned nothing like that. I had a huge row with them as they forced my both Skrill and Neteller accounts to be switched to merchant accounts, although I had no such need with few legitimate transactions...

@celizo these companies must have merchant accounts, otherwise they would have the account frozen with every higher deposit and withdrawal pending compliance.

crypto is neteller is like you give money to your mom, it is still your money but you cannot do anything with it. they allow you to exchange within the website and watch your crypto but you cannot do anything useful with it.
in short.. Neteller/Skrill is old school business.. their model is not working anymore compare to some other EMIs

these companies must have merchant accounts, otherwise they would have the account frozen with every higher deposit and withdrawal pending compliance.

With a merchant account you cannot receive funds directly with an email address, you can receive uniquely with the API integration (automatic deposit forms) or with a merchant code (for Neteller).
Moreover, with a gambling merchant account you have lots of restrictions of countries if you are not licensed in the country.

examples found on internet:
Therefore, they accept french bettors without any restriction and they are not licensed in France.

see post #29 all the details (email of the account + name of the beneficiary of the skrill account are displayed)

see post #29 all the details (email of the account + name of the beneficiary of the skrill account are displayed)

That's because you don't know it seems the way asian bookmakers operates. If they have direct deposit facility with Skrill and Neteller (like SBO) they must have merchant account and respect the licencing policy. However most asian bookmakers operate via agents, who just accept deposits via personal Skrill / Neteller / bank accounts. Also if you look at this post it's almost 3 years old. Times are changing, so Skrill and Neteller are closing down such personal accounts. These days if you send or receive few hundreds euro to someone via Skrill or Neteller, they will ask you to explain the nature of this transfers. Last time agents were using personal bank accounts in places like Luxembourg etc. This is a very risky business for both the agents and depositors.

I don't speak about Sbobet, but agents such as Asianconnect as mentioned. I confirm that french bettors are always depositing this way even 3 years after this post.

Anyway the method used is surely not legal (see the Financial Times about this company article "Online gambling agent cuts ties with Betfair site")

Last edited:
I don't speak about Sbobet, but agents such as Asianconnect as mentioned. I confirm that french bettors are always depositing this way even 3 years after this post.

Could be. We don't know the deal they have. They may be verified and approved introducers to the mentioned bookmaker, so Skrill or Neteller may be fine with the way it works. I have a friend who was VIP for a long time at Skrill, they closed his account because he sent few hundred euros to someone several times across the year (irregular payments). If they see something that is a payment for services, they are insisting on business accounts. It is hard to define bookmakers deposits and withdrawals as business services. I am sure a lot of them have VIP multi currency accounts if Skrill allows them to operate this way.

Latest Threads