Our valued sponsor

Someone from Germany? Question about utility bill

Apr 3, 2022
France
Visit site
Hi,
I have a friend in Germany that can get me his utility bill, the problem is that all the companies he works with, their utility bills are only in German.

Do you work with any company that also provides English version for their utility bill?

Thanks

You can get it translated by a certified translator, or you get it translated yourself and notarized + apostilled later.

thread moved...

Do you work with any company that also provides English version for their utility bill?

Firstly is an English version even required. Have you checked?

If I'm not mistaken, Deutsche Bank and a few other banks can (at least on request) issue bank statements in English for a modest fee. It depends on the exact use case but bank statements are usually accepted as proof of address.
@Sols are FI that request proof of address interested only in residential address on your bank statement or also transactions? I mean, do they care if you blur transactions/values or if you didn't have any transactions? Are they fine with the fact that you made KYC with that bank in that country and you still have active bank account and that's it?

@Sols are FI that request proof of address interested only in residential address on your bank statement or also transactions? I mean, do they care if you blur transactions/values or if you didn't have any transactions? Are they fine with the fact that you made KYC with that bank in that country and you still have active bank account and that's it?
It's usually fine to redact transactions or balances, if the purpose of the request is only to verify the address. It's not impossible that they will ask for an unredacted copy.

For an average, normal customer, banks don't care that you have other accounts.

Reactions: zzzzzz
It's usually fine to redact transactions or balances, if the purpose of the request is only to verify the address. It's not impossible that they will ask for an unredacted copy.

For an average, normal customer, banks don't care that you have other accounts.
I noticed FI more prefer bank statements as proof of address than utility bills. I guess this has more to do with reputation and kyc/due dilligence that banks do.

Latest Threads