Our valued sponsor

Someone know Zenus?

Just another Puerto Rico international bank whose entire business model is based around not (yet) having to comply with CRS and FATCA.

Being based in Puerto Rico and marketing itself as a "US bank" is both technically true and misleading. Yes, Puerto Rico is a US territory but, no, it's not what people usually think of when they think US.

See also: Stern Bank, FV Bank, GK Bank, EuroPacific Bank.

I read they are offering real USD bank accounts for non US citizens and without SSN, any review on them please?

It's not fully true, they are still in the process of "setting everything up" and they have been like that for a looong time (I'm in the waiting list since it started) so at least we can not give you a real review of the service.

Just another Puerto Rico international bank whose entire business model is based around not (yet) having to comply with CRS and FATCA.

Being based in Puerto Rico and marketing itself as a "US bank" is both technically true and misleading. Yes, Puerto Rico is a US territory but, no, it's not what people usually think of when they think US.

See also: Stern Bank, FV Bank, GK Bank
which one is more friendly with international customer . fast and reliable ,real bank?

which one is more friendly with international customer . fast and reliable ,real bank?
Friendly with international: All of them. That's their business model.

Fast: None of them.

Reliable: None of them.

Real bank: Define real, but these bank exist purely to facilitate tax evasion and money laundering, and to onboard desperate clients who can't find banking/EMIs elsewhere.

Friendly with international: All of them. That's their business model.

Fast: None of them.

Reliable: None of them.

Real bank: Define real, but these bank exist purely to facilitate tax evasion and money laundering, and to onboard desperate clients who can't find banking/EMIs elsewhere.
thanks for objective opinions you put here . it's much better to know before dealing with bad bank .

sure tax evasion is not what i'm trying to achieve but i was trying to check if these banks are among the good options that can open remotely account for international client in (us-canada/west-north west eu) with low deposit and balance since i just cant travel to interested countries or obtain residency there .

Last edited:
Nexus as all others are not banks. They are IFE (International Financial Entity), or in spanish EFI (entidad Financiera Internacional). I'ts like EMI but but with some particularities. They can't work with PR customers. So they are offshore comapnies. You can find the complet listing with the licence numbers in OCIF (OCIF). Zenus are nor operating for now. Perhaps it will beguin to run in the 1Q 2021. Possibly they got license recently but are negociating with correspondant banks to open account. Then they will be abble to offer services. From the moment that a IFE get the final licence since they get firmelly a correspondant bank for each currency it can take some months. Usually the IFEs are not a street "bank". They are located in flats principally in San Juan and many in the main financial street, "Ponce de Leon".
On the 1Q 2021 we will see how good is to open account and if all it's so nice.;)

In an ever changing world a PR EMI is an interesting option.
If the fees are less than the regular PR banks and there is a good uptake then this option will work for many.

As always though it needs to work like an EMI, it needs to be quick and slick and not have the continual KYC processes that plague PR banks for every transaction that’s outgoing. Front end KYC is essential but not for every transaction.

Latest Threads