Our valued sponsor

Spain - That's Terrifying...

inmigration is bad but only when bad people come here

inmigration is good when it's me who wants to take advantage of better conditions abroad

one of the best congnitives dissonances i have ever witnessed. compressed in such short space too. congrats.

I am rich, highly skilled, and educated.
Wherever I settle, I generate employment both directly and indirectly, pay my fair share in consumption taxes, and overall improve the place with just my presence.

They are broke, have no education, take jobs from the local pool, and generally rely on benefits.

We're not exactly the same.

I am rich, highly skilled, and educated.
Wherever I settle, I generate employment both directly and indirectly, pay my fair share in consumption taxes, and overall improve the place with just my presence.

They are broke, have no education, take jobs from the local pool, and generally rely on benefits.

We're not exactly the same.
Not to mention criminality.

Reactions: wellington and jafo
Usually working class looking for a better life. Most don't even know how taxes really work, let alone wealth taxes.
#Bingooooo! 100% this!
And that is why millions from South America, Africa and Asia want to get into Spain, right?
I think the following exchange explains this very well, especially the highlighted area.... ;)

1707328104912.png

PS. I don't want to live in China AT ALL, although I go there all the time and can appreciate what they have done and also the opportunity they have bestowed upon me to capitalize their manufacturing, but I don't look Chinese and God knows what would happen if or when they "turn" on those who do NOT look like them. :rolleyes:

Hong Kong was great… apparently since most of the expats fled it’s been left to wealthy Chinese to move there.

What we need is a new Hong Kong…

It isn’t Dubai (religion) gets in the way of business/lifestyle.

But if you consider Singapore, part of KL even, Penang even China town Bangkok, HK that mix of west and east vibe led to spectacular opportunities and growth.

it’s been left to wealthy Chinese to move there.
There is always a supply of willing people to take over no matter what. :oops:

Some wealthy, but ignorant, Chinese I personally know are moving with all their "wealth" to Spain. Some to Denmark. Some of Norway. A lot of them to the UK. Even more to Canada and the US. They want "Western freedoms". Unbelievable. :oops:

I just keep my mouth shut because the Chinese have retained plenty of influential and politically connected "former" prosecutors/politicians now in large law firms handling their immigration & relocation. I don't want them to blurt out: "Jafo told me NOT to do it due to high taxes"ca#"!

I have kept a list in my diary. There are over 3 dozen cases, that I know of, where "renowned & respected" legal scholars are giving legal opinions to wealthy Chinese businessmen to move to Europe (including the UK) and North America to save on taxes. The bottom line is that these so-called "professionals" are telling these wealthy Chinese businessmen that they can save the 25% CIT China charges by moving to the EU or the USA/Canada cry&¤ stupi#21

Anyway, c'est la vie! conf/(%

Reactions: wellington
Hong Kong was great… apparently since most of the expats fled it’s been left to wealthy Chinese to move there.

What we need is a new Hong Kong…

It isn’t Dubai (religion) gets in the way of business/lifestyle.

But if you consider Singapore, part of KL even, Penang even China town Bangkok, HK that mix of west and east vibe led to spectacular opportunities and growth.

I am going back to HK in two weeks. It is still an amazing city, with very low tax, and a sound business environment. I can argue that it is one of the most stable places in Asia, with SG of course. No other places really compare, and most countries will keep increasing their tax (eg Thailand, Malaysia) as they have a huge country to run and bills to pay (army, health, regional development etc). HK is definitely not dead but is changing.

I was thinking about this the other day. What city/country in the WORLD offers:
1) Low to medium tax
2) Business opportunities
3) (BONUS) On the beach
4) Relatively safe
5) Good local food and international selection (BKK is amazing from that front)

I mean there is Dubai that ticks all those boxes, but not sure I would stand living there.

Reactions: jafo
I was thinking about this the other day. What city/country in the WORLD offers:
1) Low to medium tax
2) Business opportunities
3) (BONUS) On the beach
4) Relatively safe
5) Good local food and international selection (BKK is amazing from that front)

I mean there is Dubai that ticks all those boxes, but not sure I would stand living there.

Thailand and Malaysia check all the boxes. Your assumptions about the future of these countries may never materialize or may take years or decades.

Reactions: jafo and churumbelo
Thailand and Malaysia check all the boxes. Your assumptions about the future of these countries may never materialize or may take years or decades.
They don't, no business cities in either country that have the beach.

Also these are not my assumptions, but rather a historic analysis of the world. Name a country that has a population of more than 10M habitants that is not a city state and have low taxation? Besides a few oil countries from the Gulf?

Sure, there might be some expat programs that are here temporarily, to attract capital but by definition most are not here to stay.

Reactions: wellington and jafo

Latest Threads