Our valued sponsor

Stripe, or Brain Tree for small monthly turnover, but high amount per transaction.

epalat

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Iam wondering if I use braintree (it supports more currencies), or stripe. I currently have a single client.

This client pays me $10k or $15k from a card from EU, but his location upon placing the order will be from Latin America. He is a legitimate client working for many years.

Is this going to be seen as fraud or weird from the processor side? My idea is to later grow in clientel but i want to start in the right foot, I cant afford to make all the account setup and then just get back to me saying the transaction amount is very high.

Reactions: extremedox101
Do you mean he pay you 10K or 15K in one transaction? if so, I don't believe any processor will accept that unless you make any type of securing the risk.

Speak with Stripe and Braintree and see what they say. The transaction profile you describe is unusual but not unheard of. You may need to speak with a different processor that's used to processing professional services, such as WorldPay, Adyen, or SagePay.

You may run into rolling reserve requirements and/or delayed settlement because of the risk to the processor. If for any reason a chargeback is raised, that single transaction accounts for 100% of your volume and it's a large amount of money.

Reactions: burden
Do you mean he pay you 10K or 15K in one transaction? if so, I don't believe any processor will accept that unless you make any type of securing the risk.
Yes, I only have one consulting client. Iam so glad I didnt sign up with any credit card processor yet. If I split this transaction by 3 x 9k$ is just as risky right? I was preferring CC payment over wire transfer due to the fact that wire takes more time to process by their billing department, whereas CC I can run once a month on my end.

Isnt there a way to have this risk on me ? Like withholding the funds more time, or purposely accepting this risk myself... or rather this is not my risk it will always be the processors no matter what?

My only option for this is bank transfer then?

Yes, I only have one consulting client. Iam so glad I didnt sign up with any credit card processor yet. If I split this transaction by 3 x 9k$ is just as risky right? I was preferring CC payment over wire transfer due to the fact that wire takes more time to process by their billing department, whereas CC I can run once a month on my end.

Isnt there a way to have this risk on me ? Like withholding the funds more time, or purposely accepting this risk myself... or rather this is not my risk it will always be the processors no matter what?

My only option for this is bank transfer then?

Bro, just ask him to iban you, why do you charge so much money just using the card, you aren’t rolex store

Latest Threads