Our valued sponsor

Student visa to self Employed GERMANY

Zelda

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I am a foreigner living in Germany with student status, I have been doing business online and made some money.
But as a student, I should not be doing that as it's considered illegal, the only activity that I am allowed to do is work at Mcdonald's and get paid hourly!
I have paid consultation with a lawyer to see what can I do to switch my student visa to a self-employed visa! He gave me some options which all of which are a big no.
I have to work for another company for some time which I cannot do because my business comes first.
And after a lot of talks, he concluded that it would be a miracle to get it switched. (from student residence to self-employed residency)
I have enough capital to start a business and fail and be comfortable. and I will also consider moving to other countries if Germany doesn't accept me. I feel discriminated in a way! that I can't switch visas in a capitalist country with free-market
but I guess I am just a foreigner to them. I will do my best to get it switched. if not I'll consider other countries that treat me well.
the business idea is a startup idea that has to do with my study which legally I am allowed to apply for and get it! but 2 lawyers said that it gets rejected most of the time!
Any insight or advice or info on how to get the switch in Germany is really appreciated I'm a young person and this decision will play a big role in my future.
thank you guys I trust you with my life.

Hello Everyone,
I am a foreigner living in Germany with student status, I have been doing business online and made some money.
But as a student, I should not be doing that as it's considered illegal, the only activity that I am allowed to do is work at Mcdonald's and get paid hourly!
I have paid consultation with a lawyer to see what can I do to switch my student visa to a self-employed visa! He gave me some options which all of which are a big no.
I have to work for another company for some time which I cannot do because my business comes first.
And after a lot of talks, he concluded that it would be a miracle to get it switched. (from student residence to self-employed residency)
I have enough capital to start a business and fail and be comfortable. and I will also consider moving to other countries if Germany doesn't accept me. I feel discriminated in a way! that I can't switch visas in a capitalist country with free-market
but I guess I am just a foreigner to them. I will do my best to get it switched. if not I'll consider other countries that treat me well.
the business idea is a startup idea that has to do with my study which legally I am allowed to apply for and get it! but 2 lawyers said that it gets rejected most of the time!
Any insight or advice or info on how to get the switch in Germany is really appreciated I'm a young person and this decision will play a big role in my future.
thank you guys I trust you with my life.
"I feel discriminated in a way! that I can't switch visas in a capitalist country with free-market"

It is not as what it is portrayed to people outside eu.
Germany is run by an ex ddr / communist inclined totalitarian leader.
It is neither capitalist nor free-market, instead bureaucracy is the name of the game there as well as equality, fairness and such things.

Where are you from? That will also shape the answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fothermucker
Move ASAP out of the Germany tax prison. Be smart and move to a zero tax country before you start actually making big money, it will save you a lot of headache in the future. It is much harder to escape any tax prison once they smell that you got money and once you paid some taxes.
You wrote you're open to moving, just choose a nice zero-tax country like Cyprus\Malta\Ireland\UK\Malaysia or any other tax island and set up your business with good foundation. You wrote that you need a visa so I guess you are not European, do you mind sharing your nationality?

Reactions: JackAlabama
Move ASAP out of the Germany tax prison. Be smart and move to a zero tax country before you start actually making big money, it will save you a lot of headache in the future. It is much harder to escape any tax prison once they smell that you got money and once you paid some taxes.
You wrote you're open to moving, just choose a nice zero-tax country like Cyprus\Malta\Ireland\UK\Malaysia or any other tax island and set up your business with good foundation. You wrote that you need a visa so I guess you are not European, do you mind sharing your nationality?
Good points.
Yeah op better share his nationality, this (sadly) determines to a large extent in what part of the world you will enjoy smooth sailing.
A large $ stack can of course offset most rocky waters.

Reactions: Silvio
Good points.
Yeah op better share his nationality, this (sadly) determines to a large extent in what part of the world you will enjoy smooth sailing.
A large $ stack can of course offset most rocky waters.
Yep, with enough money you will be accepted everywhere but I doubt Op wants or is able to spend 6 figures just for some "entrepreneur visa".

Reactions: JackAlabama
Assuming you´re not European, do you want to keep the Schengen visa, or are open to other options as well?

Latest Threads