Our valued sponsor

Suggestion for registering a community fund company

cee zee

Jun 13, 2023
Delhi
Visit site
Good day all,

I run a telegram community of crypto investors where we pool funds and invest in pre-sale of crypto projects. I used to have a company in BVI to sign investment agreements with projects with BVI rules changing I am after something more concrete.

My initial thought is an offshore foundation + an offshore company with nominate council/directors where needed. Panama looks like the easiest option, though I am looking at Seychelles too. High level plan is to have foundation in country and IBC (or similar) in another. Foundation collects funds from community members, while IBC invests and signs agreements with projects.

Would appreciate some suggestions and feedback on my thought process.

Good day all,

I run a telegram community of crypto investors where we pool funds and invest in pre-sale of crypto projects. I used to have a company in BVI to sign investment agreements with projects with BVI rules changing I am after something more concrete.

My initial thought is an offshore foundation + an offshore company with nominate council/directors where needed. Panama looks like the easiest option, though I am looking at Seychelles too. High level plan is to have foundation in country and IBC (or similar) in another. Foundation collects funds from community members, while IBC invests and signs agreements with projects.

Hey,

I would prefer an offshore entity (might be LLC, partnership, or trust/foundation depending on the case) based in SVG or another place, and a second entity that will act as a “service provider” and “business center” (no legal issues regarding licensing) based in Europe.

It gives better access to banking and other facilities.

Reactions: myhand
Hey,

I would prefer an offshore entity (might be LLC, partnership, or trust/foundation depending on the case) based in SVG or another place, and a second entity that will act as a “service provider” and “business center” (no legal issues regarding licensing) based in Europe.

It gives better access to banking and other facilities.
That sounds good and almost on same track as what I am thinking atm.
I was thinking that the 1st entity will collect funds and 2nd entity will invest in projects and sign agreements. And the 2nd entity will be owned by 1st one.

With your approach I am assuming 1st entity will do both collection of funds and investment.
For your approach which jurisdiction in EU would you recommend ?

Thanks

Good day all,

As a lawyer, I am simply saying that in BVI you can still manage your project no matter of regulations if you have a good lawyer there. If you want to run away still then for you SVG is an option.

Reactions: cee zee
I would consider Cayman Islands foundation company, since more than half US funds form there because of circumstances like less burden of custodian and administration. But I'm not sure about their attitude towards the crypto fund. Also, you can list up Wyoming Statutory Foundation Company if US jurisdiction is fine.
BVI is fine, but it may be hard to control and manage because flight to BVI is very limited. Another option could be Turks&Caicos where the taxation is similar to the Cayman Islands but again, I'm not sure about their attitude towards crypto funds. You can ask them.

I would consider Cayman Islands foundation company, since more than half US funds form there because of circumstances like less burden of custodian and administration. But I'm not sure about their attitude towards the crypto fund. Also, you can list up Wyoming Statutory Foundation Company if US jurisdiction is fine.
do you have a suggestion for someone who can help with the setup? name or link if possible?

Latest Threads