Our valued sponsor

suggestion for simple investment holding structure

RexS9999

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
I am Canadian and have several accounts bank/stock abroad. I want a cheap simple to use structure to put these into. Ideally little or no yearly reporting/fees. Want to avoid banana republics etc. This is to obtain privacy. Any suggestions?

Cheap, private and no banana republic? You may have to select two of three. What are your goals? Is it privacy from the public or government in your home jurisdiction? What is your tax situation, and I assume tax will also be a motive. Do you need strong asset protection? Initial thoughts are a trust or foundation in jurisdictions such as Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.

Reactions: CaptK
Cheap, private and no banana republic? You may have to select two of three. What are your goals? Is it privacy from the public or government in your home jurisdiction? What is your tax situation, and I assume tax will also be a motive. Do you need strong asset protection? Initial thoughts are a trust or foundation in jurisdictions such as Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.
I am looking for privacy from the tax people, CRS. I looked at US LLC's but there is yearly reporting and I just would rather avoid the US.

Latest Threads