Our valued sponsor

Taking out a loan and leaving the country

I mean people declare bankruptcy all the time.
Bank had no cover for this loan as this is cash loan and that's pretty much it...
Yes, and there is also such a thing as bankruptcy fraud, which is treated quite differently. This thread is about bank fraud: obtaining a bank loan with no intent to ever pay it back. Re-read the first post.

For example, In the U.S. any type of monetary fraud is non-dischargeable in bankruptcy. Even relatively minor types of fraud compared to bank fraud: concealing assets to avoid having to forfeit them; intentionally filing false or incomplete forms; conveying assets after insolvency; etc.

As usual, people are not sticking to the topic of the thread and are conflating vastly different issues. Fraud will be treated as fraud. It has criminal consequences. This is entirely different than being judgment proof.

Last edited:
Eastern Europe, loan and run? No, you're going to get hunted down by whoever criminal runs the bank.
The bank was French (Credit Agricole)...
These guys have no time to loose hunting someone for 7-8k EUR...
They used all legal ways to make him pay... but he had nothing and was not there so the bank couldn't do a thing...

The bank was French (Credit Agricole)...
These guys have no time to loose hunting someone for 7-8k EUR...
They used all legal ways to make him pay... but he had nothing and was not there so the bank couldn't do a thing...

I thin he was replying to the OP. About your friend I mean for 8 k Euro, sure, youre right. Though if she had a job there I dont know why they didnt force a payment plan.

The fact that the bank "settles for 800" is even weirded lol. But I believe you, weirder things have happened happen.

@Golden Fleece Obviously he argued he did plan to return it some day but just couldn´t. Due to paying for an emergency surgery apparently.