Our valued sponsor

The most stable crypto coin for hte last 2 years, which one is it?

What do you guys think about Tether, it was mentioned here a few times to be one of the more stable as far as I remember.

XRP also look to have only changed minimal during the years.

Reactions: Electro
Tether of course is stable against the Us$-since it is made to replace Us$ on exchanges.it ia always worth 1:1
but beeing stable against a curency that is inflated like crazy has no real advantage in my opinion-
and another thing about tether is that it is not decentralized like a real cryptocurrency-so unlike Bitcoin it can be manipulated by
the Company who released it (Tether ltd.)
the Fiat cuurencies most likely will loose value in the coming years
i feel better keeping my money in Bitcoin and Ethereum since i am pretty sure they will rise against the € and the $.
good luck!

Reactions: JohnLocke
i feel better keeping my money in Bitcoin and Ethereum since i am pretty sure they will rise against the € and the $.

I agree, but the problem may well be that the moment you want to switch your BTC to FIAT, the BTC is worth far less than you expected. Then you will have to wait or take the loss.

Reactions: Electro
I agree, but the problem may well be that the moment you want to switch your BTC to FIAT, the BTC is worth far less than you expected. Then you will have to wait or take the loss.
in that unlikely case you are right of course :)
personally i would cash out and keep the bills in a safe place-to me that feels safest, since there is no gain to be expected and the final aim is fiat anyways.
of course that is less practical for very high amounts
as always: mo´money-mo´problems :)

but what if the values of all major currencies inflate and else.? It seems that governments just print money and have got no way of backing it up...

As long as major currencies (countries) economy & government holding they will back it up . because that's what fiat currency enforced with. I don't see the USA or Japan or other big economies going down soon. they will print money and they will manipulate the market to their own advantage. that's how it always has been.

Look USA debt to GDP ratio of 110%. they have to keep inflating it and control it with their monetary policy. japan's story is another thing .unbelivably high ratio.

Reactions: JohnLocke
There is a euro stablecoin
They also have a wallet. Search for stablecoin wallet you will see
Do you know if this coin is backed up with something stable and is it owned by a company?

I think OP means volatile coin. I would be interested to know which coin isn't that volatile compared to bitcoin and most other crypto's?

I have been trading forex for a while but i have never traded in crypto. I have gathered quite a lot information from different threads and posts but I am still confused. What do you all think, should a beginner use stable coins or should I jump right in by trading with the top tier crypto currencies?

Second DAI, seems to be the only decentralized stable coin. USDT is a fraud and it will last until it doesn't like MtGox, USDC and others is a gamble, Coinbase gets busted by US commie government and you will be selling it with 95% discount. What is the best exchange for DAI? Binance won't list it unless paid millions
what do you think of a EURO stablecoin? it is the only one audited by proper firm. It stores reserves in gov bonds so it cannot be frozen as cash with some bank.