Our valued sponsor

Tranferwise blacklist?

lonizzita

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
A year ago they closed the transferwise account, since then I moved, I changed residence and tried to register again:

✅I have entered only name and surname, birth data
✅different residence
✅different phone number, different e-mail
❎ I didn't even send the documents

after 24 hours they closed my account, indicating that I had already done business with them.

my questions:
1. How long does it take before I am removed from their "blacklist"?
2. How is it that they know it's always me ?! there may be another person with my same name and birth data

Compliance for these companies is heavily automated and does not care about edge cases. The chance of two people having the same name + birth data is so slim that it makes zero sense for them to even bother so yeah likely on blacklist forever. You could simply write them and proof that you are not the "other" guy but well since you are that probably will be hard.

Good morning OP,
I hope this message finds you well.
To answer your questions.
How many people on this planet, you think, have the same name/surname/DOB?
99.99% only you. So their system recalls your ban tag and exclude you from their system.

To remove yourself from this uncomfortable position you may have two ways.
Contact them and show them new legit proof of business, clients, products etc... This outcome, depends in the first place, why they banned you last year. If you were involved in illegal activities is quite improbable. ;)
The second way is going dark.

Granwasa.

Last edited:
Your business is nothing to them. Find an alternative because they wont accept you as a client again. Your ID is the same they have a copy of it......................

You need different documents i.e. a other person's name to get an account there again. If they have you on a black list I doubt you are able to get off it unless you can come and visit them which isn't possible as far as I know.

I was banned by them about 1 year ago (15 months maybe). I just created a new personal account with them not long ago the same way you write. There was no problem at all and I have used them several times. The only change I see if they used DE accounts last time, but use BE accounts now. Not sure if that has any difference.

Or could be that I and my business' didn't get banned. We where just ask to leave within 30 days :)

I was banned by them about 1 year ago (15 months maybe). I just created a new personal account with them not long ago the same way you write. There was no problem at all and I have used them several times. The only change I see if they used DE accounts last time, but use BE accounts now. Not sure if that has any difference.

Or could be that I and my business' didn't get banned. We where just ask to leave within 30 days :)
Same thing, if the bank closes your account then they wont open you another.

did you enter exactly the same data? address, telephone number, same document ..