Our valued sponsor

TransferWise blocked suppliers account

Nivis

Feb 10, 2018
Visit site
I have a supplier on Cyprus, we work for many years. I used to pay by Wise. But this week they blocked payment, when I input IBAN they say we can not accept this recipient at the moment. And do not let through. Supplier seems to have only one account. Does anyone have Idea wether it is possible to bypass this ban in some way? They seem to be banning by IBAN number. Pretty sure changing IBAN will not work as payment will just bounce. Any experience on such problem?

P.S. supplier is 100% reliable, worked for many years. Says Wise bans accounts this way if payer chargebacks Wise (US customers paying by credit card).

P.S. supplier is 100% reliable, worked for many years. Says Wise bans accounts this way if payer chargebacks Wise (US customers paying by credit card).
so you may have the reason why they block this supplier.

Of course there is no way to get around it unless your supplier open an account with a bank or some different EMI!

I have a supplier on Cyprus, we work for many years. I used to pay by Wise. But this week they blocked payment, when I input IBAN they say we can not accept this recipient at the moment. And do not let through. Supplier seems to have only one account. Does anyone have Idea wether it is possible to bypass this ban in some way? They seem to be banning by IBAN number. Pretty sure changing IBAN will not work as payment will just bounce. Any experience on such problem?

I had the same issue previously, that was a HSBC UK account with sort code and account number. I still wonder why they were blocked.