Our valued sponsor

TransferWise & US LLC?

John Andrews

Feb 13, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have a TransferWise or a Mercury.co account for their US LLC? How long do you have it and how much did you use it?

I'm thinking about getting a US LLC myself but I don't want to spend $$$ and end up with no EMI/bank account...

I live in the EU and have a local company in my home country for which I have a TW with USD details so I assume I'd also get those for the US LLC without a problem.

Also, can anyone share some info about allowed business expenses for foreign owned, disregarded LLCs?

Its possible to do it . Would you mind telling more details about your requirements ?
Why do you need an LLC ?

Due to stupid EU VAT invoice laws I need a US LLC because I would like to know as less as possible who my clients are. For example if I were doing it through my local company I'd have to specify buyer details on each invoice.

I'd open a New Mexico LLC + TransferWise/Mercury + PayPal/Stripe, so I'm asking if anyone has a similar setup.

I'd open a New Mexico LLC + TransferWise/Mercury + PayPal/Stripe, so I'm asking if anyone has a similar setup.

for TW its takes around 3 to 5 days to verify all things and accept it, for Mercury they didn`t approve my PoA so i couldn`t continue but some people say its good ^^.

for PayPal and Stripe you need to have SSN for USA account, not sure if you can open local Stripe and link it with USA LLC, for PayPal they refuse that they say for your LLC you need to have USA account.

for TW its takes around 3 to 5 days to verify all things and accept it, for Mercury they didn`t approve my PoA so i couldn`t continue but some people say its good ^^.

for PayPal and Stripe you need to have SSN for USA account, not sure if you can open local Stripe and link it with USA LLC, for PayPal they refuse that they say for your LLC you need to have USA account.

Can't I open a US PayPal account using a US IP (VPN)?

I used my Delaware LLC with TF. They were only EMI who has onboard me, so I was super happy. I think I have opened the acc within 48 hours including approval.
That used to work perfectly for a few month, but then they have notify my about closing the acc with out disclosure the reasons. Perhaps due to regular bigger payments to my Ukrainian supplier (Ukraine is accounted as grey banking area thees days) or cuse I had personal TF account and used to send myself a sallary (they later closed my personal acc as well) for cashing out.
But in general it was super easy and fine to use TF.

I used my Delaware LLC with TF. They were only EMI who has onboard me, so I was super happy. I think I have opened the acc within 48 hours including approval.
That used to work perfectly for a few month, but then they have notify my about closing the acc with out disclosure the reasons. Perhaps due to regular bigger payments to my Ukrainian supplier (Ukraine is accounted as grey banking area thees days) or cuse I had personal TF account and used to send myself a sallary (they later closed my personal acc as well) for cashing out.
But in general it was super easy and fine to use TF.
Do you mind telling us exactly how much money a month did you send to Ukraine? Trying not to make the same mistake as TW currently works perfect for Delaware LLC.

Do you mind telling us exactly how much money a month did you send to Ukraine? Trying not to make the same mistake as TW currently works perfect for Delaware LLC.
Smth like 35-40 K Eur/ month , with single transactions max 20K . I think If I had all transactions under 10K it would have been fine. But I think, they didnt like mostly that I used to transfer up to 4K/month to my personal acc for further cashing out with credit card.

By the way, I also tried to open acc in EMI from Finland B2B pay. At first sight they told they would on-board US LLC , but after I told the I work with Ukraine and Russia some times, they have totally refused me with acc opening.

Anyway, now we shifting from US LLC to HK limited , cuse now its getting more and more complicated with US LLC's

Due to stupid EU VAT invoice laws I need a US LLC because I would like to know as less as possible who my clients are. For example if I were doing it through my local company I'd have to specify buyer details on each invoice.

Any news about the setup please ? Did you succeed in opening PP/Stripe ?

Reactions: Zaki
What setup did you proceed with if not the the US? Have you looked into Georgia which seem to be a very good alternative.

Does anyone have a TransferWise or a Mercury.co account for their US LLC? How long do you have it and how much did you use it?

I'm thinking about getting a US LLC myself but I don't want to spend $$$ and end up with no EMI/bank account...

I live in the EU and have a local company in my home country for which I have a TW with USD details so I assume I'd also get those for the US LLC without a problem.

Also, can anyone share some info about allowed business expenses for foreign owned, disregarded LLCs?

Are you a EU resident?

Latest Threads