Our valued sponsor

UAE Banks - personal USD account

@mike400 You may want to elaborate and say if your a UAE resident or non-resident.

@Fred Any thoughts?

As a non-resident Citibank Dubai kicked me out some years ago as they no longer accept non-residents.

@Fred Any thoughts?

As a non-resident Citibank Dubai kicked me out some years ago as they no longer accept non-residents.
ENBD, RAKBANK, Dubai Islamic, Mashreq.

If you don't have a EID the above only open for private bank relationship.

Citi, HSBC, Standard

It you already have some link to them outside the UAE.

In general if somebody gets his EID through company sponsorship we open always try business account first and with the same bank meeting making the application for the personal account so that it makes sense for the bank to open the personal account

Reactions: troubled soul
What's a large deposit in the Sheiks Eyes?
paid in full money GIF

Most of the bankers don't open for self employed, maybe it's more work for them or whatever the reason.

Trying going to any branch in a mall, they are more lenient. Its what i have experienced from enbd.
Mall branches are open for longer period of time as well.

You could have a different experience but nothing wrong in trying.

Do you know at which branch? I'm under time pressure, as I only have 1 business day in Dubai left.

(I tried calling them, but there's no human operator available :rolleyes:)
If you can, best is to go directly at their main/central office in Dubai, which is located at the (conveniently named) ADCB metro station (green line). It takes about 48-72h for the 'welcome package' to get to your door (debit card included). Needless therefore to say it's not possible to get anything done in 1 day.

Only thing you can get in 1 day is a prepaid card from any of the issuing banks (not all of them offer it), but not a full bank account setup.

Hope this helps.

NVO

If I am not mistaken, every bank will give you a card the same day, if you come to the main branch.

I dont know, there you will talk with a bank clerk on cam, leave your fingerprints and card will be printed and handed to you at the end of the call. Its the new ”smart” bank office.

In city walk you can also do EID medical and receive report instantly through smart medical center.

For local banks I would stick with: FAB or ADCB.

If you care about low transactions fees for USD payments to US e.g. USD bank wire deposits to IBKR US, the current lowest and tested bank is Standard Chartered. Citibank could come handy too for USD payments.

Latest Threads