Our valued sponsor

UAE (Dubai) Expats: What moves will you make with the new UAE tax laws?

Possible solutions:
- 0% corporate tax company + Perpetual traveler (if you don't hold citizenship of a developed country like Germany, UK, Australia etc, generally if your home country is not strict about it and have only 183 days test.)

0% corporate tax company where? For B2B, billing through a BVI company isn't really an option.
Another option to perpetual travel: Moving to a country with territorial taxation and lax rules, like Thailand or Paraguay.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
One thing I don't understand about authorities in UAE
They built best system for expats to come live in Dubai and run a tax free business
Everything was simple and straightforward
Expats started living in Dubai. Buying property, cars. They brought alot of money to UAE.
Now if 9% tax is real. UAE will loose all these expats and all apartments will be empty and domino effect will start for the economy.
Do you think they are ready to loose everything just for 9% ?
That 9% was already included in prices of all products you buy
It doesn't make sense for ruler of UAE to destroy his entire business model just for 9%.
I don't believe it to be that simple. There will be enough who will stay and even establish their business in the UAE regardless of the 9%! Just because the majority in this thread don't agree with the new tax then there may be thousands that do. But as usually when something new is implemented only time will show the result.

We could hope it will have such a bad impact on the UAE that they will change their mind but I doubt.

I don't believe it to be that simple. There will be enough who will stay and even establish their business in the UAE regardless of the 9%! Just because the majority in this thread don't agree with the new tax then there may be thousands that do. But as usually when something new is implemented only time will show the result.

We could hope it will have such a bad impact on the UAE that they will change their mind but I doubt.
I agree and will be staying.

UAE with its vibrant marketplace and thriving business environment, stood as one of the final bastions of capitalism in a world undergoing significant socioeconomic shifts moving towards neocommunist world order. Its business environment made it a living testament to the enduring spirit of capitalism looking at Marx's 10 planks and how its being implemented across the world.

You can still take out $200-300k without paying taxes. I doubt that most of them make more than that...
Yes but they will generate income for accountants lawyers etc
Spend money in UAE etc

As Fred told he would need 5 additional people just to deal with all bureaucracy.

For us Europeans is not worth I think. We can do similar in Europe without being in desert and have normal bank access , infrastructure etc

Yes but they will generate income for accountants lawyers etc
Spend money in UAE etc

As Fred told he would need 5 additional people just to deal with all bureaucracy.

For us Europeans is not worth I think. We can do similar in Europe without being in desert and have normal bank access , infrastructure etc
Even for South Asian like me its not worth it, I spent around 7 years here. Who is stopping me to move to US or EU where taxes can be high but less headache and more opportunities to grow. Its not only about taxes, the expenses of accountants, audit, lawyers, gov fines will further increase cost of doing business.

As Fred said big law and accounting firms lied to him. That is another concern working in UAE, I dont trust anyone here, not banks, not consultants not even real estate agents. Dubai is good for personal stuff, where business is concern its not a good place to do business specially online business because no eco system here.

Now you have to pay: consultants, tax audit, 9% on profits >375K AED and renew your company every years and another costs I Think .. In EU it’s still higher (in my country) but I have everything free (hospital, schools) ..
I think UAE become interesting for people who makes 5-10M USD / year profits ..

If I obtain golden visa and I close my FZCO Company, I own a LLC US I I’ll pay CIT ?

Last edited:
We can do similar in Europe without being in desert and have normal bank access , infrastructure etc

Making 200-300k tax free? Ok, you have to pay for accounting, but that isn't free in Europe either.

That is another concern working in UAE, I dont trust anyone here, not banks, not consultants not even real estate agents.

This 100%.

0% corporate tax company where? For B2B, billing through a BVI company isn't really an option.
Another option to perpetual travel: Moving to a country with territorial taxation and lax rules, like Thailand or Paraguay.
HK, Singapore, US for example.

Now you have to pay: consultants, tax audit, 9% on profits >375K AED and renew your company every years and another costs I Think .. In EU it’s still higher (in my country) but I have everything free (hospital, schools) ..
I think UAE become interesting for people who makes 5-10M USD / year profits ..

If I obtain golden visa and I close my FZCO Company, I own a LLC US I I’ll pay CIT ?
Yes, you will still have to.

Why not Cyprus or Malta, guys?

Even for South Asian like me its not worth it, I spent around 7 years here. Who is stopping me to move to US or EU where taxes can be high but less headache and more opportunities to grow. Its not only about taxes, the expenses of accountants, audit, lawyers, gov fines will further increase cost of doing business.

As Fred said big law and accounting firms lied to him. That is another concern working in UAE, I dont trust anyone here, not banks, not consultants not even real estate agents. Dubai is good for personal stuff, where business is concern its not a good place to do business specially online business because no eco system here.
100% what you wrote and also let's remember that if you lived in a normal European country you would have been eligible for a passport by now. In UAE you will have no rights, ever.

100% what you wrote and also let's remember that if you lived in a normal European country you would have been eligible for a passport by now. In UAE you will have no rights, ever.
Yes, and it's just not a healthy lifestyle. Dust, sand, A/C, one of the worst air quality in the world. (the worst currently, ranked #1 according to iqair :) )

You have to pay a lot for healthcare, and everything is overpriced.

Malta Non Dom, Ireland Non Dom.
But i think the best setup currently for most people is Thailand + US LLC (or any other 0% company if you don't want "US" exposure.)

For now i will stay in UAE. I can just send people to Seychelles, Cayman etc. to provide enough substance and hire as Director to avoid PE in UAE.
UAE is just way too easy to deal with Crypto cashouts and wire the money out wherever you want even without a company setup.
Thailand setup was discussed already here.

It's illegal because you create PE in Thailand.

Last edited:
Generally speaking if you worry too much about such pocket expenses, Dubai is not the right place for you.

I think it depends a lot on someone's personal background, i.e. if you have a tier 1 passport and majority of your income is capital gains, Dubai is still awesome.

If you run a business and need access to the European market, proper banking and generally affordable cost of living expenses, maybe look for a different place even with taxes. Accounting (+ audit) and paying some taxes is something we'll have to live with, as long as you're not picking a remote island outside civilisation.

Do the math and then compare suitable jurisdictions. For some Dubai is certainly not the best choice, but I would not draw a generalised conclusion.

I wonder what will happen to all villas and apartments. Dubai real estate crash is coming

If you now consider Dubai a low tax rather than tax free country going forward then people will still move there. The problem is it has lost a lot of its attraction and will continue to do so when personal income tax eventually comes. In years to come Dubai will begin to look run down as poor build quality and declining rents etc will lead to cutting corners in private real estate.

The biggest question is do you want to pay corporate taxes and eventually personal taxes to a dictatorship where you have no rights and have to leave the minute you have no money to pay your rent due to i.e illness.

For the love of god guys.

Operating a UAE FZ LLC is still going to be tax-free if you know how to use it.
9% CIT doesn't apply on profits of a FZ entity that doesn't do any business with UAE mainland. If your business operates only abroad or within a freezone then your profits are still tax-exempt.

Latest Threads