Our valued sponsor

UAE residence visa cheapest option

ESR is a problem in UAE and unfortunately people started to receive a very high amount of penalties. The worst part is government ESR portal is not working well and Freezone ESR departments are not capable of understand some cases and this is resulting with fines.

If you have a doubt about your ESR situation then go with Sole Establishment(DED license). ESR doesn’t applies to this license.
Several of my clients are having this issue. Their ESR applications are submitted already but nothing received from the portal for 6 months. They don't know the status of their application. They are simply living here doing business outside UAE.

ESR is a problem in UAE and unfortunately people started to receive a very high amount of penalties. The worst part is government ESR portal is not working well and Freezone ESR departments are not capable of understand some cases and this is resulting with fines.

If you have a doubt about your ESR situation then go with Sole Establishment(DED license). ESR doesn’t applies to this license.
What kind of penalties ? None of my clients have received any penalties as they all did their ESR registration submission. No business in UAE just living here or traveling to UAE every few months to keep their residency.

I think they are making it confusing for people that they all should file when it's quite clear on MoF.gov website that it's only for businesses involved in relevant activities not all activities.

Several of my clients are having this issue. Their ESR applications are submitted already but nothing received from the portal for 6 months. They don't know the status of their application. They are simply living here doing business outside UAE.
Yes, the UAE ESR portal is a complete disaster.

What kind of penalties ? None of my clients have received any penalties as they all did their ESR registration submission. No business in UAE just living here or traveling to UAE every few months to keep their residency.
There are several types of penalties. My friend received a 50.000 AED fine last week because of a Freezone mistake and now trying to fix it.

I think they are making it confusing for people that they all should file when it's quite clear on MoF.gov website that it's only for businesses involved in relevant activities not all activities.
The problem is the scope of relevant activities. A simple software business can easily fall into "IP Business" or a simple consulting business can fall into "Distribution and Service Centre Business".

Yes, the UAE ESR portal is a complete disaster.

There are several types of penalties. My friend received a 50.000 AED fine last week because of a Freezone mistake and now trying to fix it.

The problem is the scope of relevant activities. A simple software business can easily fall into "IP Business" or a simple consulting business can fall into "Distribution and Service Centre Business".
Sorry for ignorance but What is "ESR" ??
What document or anything provide for ESR ??

Thanks

My question was what if you don't have a business in UAE nor do you want to earn income from here. If one is purely living from offshore income and living here in UAE full time with a rented apt and free zone how would you justify ESR to the authorities that you are not earning a dime from that freezone as all freezones have some specified activity and one needs to conduct business on that activity or specified activities. My question still remains how to satisfy ESR requirements ?.
Unfortunately they will have to start invoicing and paying into the company bank account. Ofcourse their licence should match the invoices.
ESR was brought in to clean up shell companies especially in the required sectors.

Tell your clients to make some invoices and pay into their bank accounts.

Thanks,

From what I can read on this site, this visa is for overseas workers who want to spend time in Dubai and classed as a resident for 1 year at at time.
Does not fulfil family sponsorship aspect.

Still need to know the best solution for Dubai visa with family residency 3 years and not annual..

Thanks

HK
IIRC, this type of visa doesn‘t allow for establishing your tax residency in the country.
You are being granted “resident like” privileges ie. entering a housing rental contract, dewa, unlimited border entry/exit clearance etc but it clearly does not allow you to reduce your tax obligations by swapping your tax residency for UAE.

It has been designed for Workation type of tourist, who have their tax obligations taken care of in another jurisdiction.

I got the Dubai remote visa, total cost (visa only): ~3000 AED for one year.
But the company is in another country so I suppose it will be harder to get a UAE tax resident.
Have you spoken with some professional to help you out with this issue?

I'm still considering this visa Work remotely from Dubai | Business in Dubai once and I'm hoping someone can help me.

After getting that visa I am thinking of applying for Estonian e-residency with emirates id and opening an Estonian OU. It seems that I can then pay myself employee salary tax free? Frequently asked questions | Xolo FAQ I'm not sure if I would then cause PE and Estonian company would actually be considered UAE company and if this would be allowed with Dubai remote worker visa?

Estonian OU is attractive to me because with Xolo I could probably get a business bank account at a real bank (LHV) instead of going with EMI personal account (no Wise nowadays so Paysera)

What are the rules for UAE resident running an Estonian OU or UK LLP with regards to CFC, permanent establishment etc.? I wouldn't want to break any UAE laws with this setup so can someone please share any experiences. Maybe @rowena can share some info, I've read your post Question - Tax Strategy for Zero Tax UAE & Estonia Setup

Maybe this is interesting for someone
Every month or in week they come up with new Initiate some works , some just become archieve.
like they announce 5 year tourist visa , still there is no update on that .

It is normal in Dubai.
Government good in PR . IN reality it sucks

Reactions: KJK
I'm still considering this visa Work remotely from Dubai | Business in Dubai once and I'm hoping someone can help me.

After getting that visa I am thinking of applying for Estonian e-residency with emirates id and opening an Estonian OU. It seems that I can then pay myself employee salary tax free? Frequently asked questions | Xolo FAQ I'm not sure if I would then cause PE and Estonian company would actually be considered UAE company and if this would be allowed with Dubai remote worker visa?

Estonian OU is attractive to me because with Xolo I could probably get a business bank account at a real bank (LHV) instead of going with EMI personal account (no Wise nowadays so Paysera)

What are the rules for UAE resident running an Estonian OU or UK LLP with regards to CFC, permanent establishment etc.? I wouldn't want to break any UAE laws with this setup so can someone please share any experiences. Maybe @rowena can share some info, I've read your post Question - Tax Strategy for Zero Tax UAE & Estonia Setup

Yes, it should be allowed under that visa, but I think the company has to have been in business for a couple years. You have to be able to prove minimum salary of USD 5000 per month. So it only works with existing companies.
You could get a different kind of visa (e.g. freelance visa) - but I'm not sure if it would be legal for you to work for your Estonian company without having registered a branch.
The safest option would probably be to just register a branch of your Estonian company in the UAE. Depending on which freezone you register in, it can be quite cheap.

Reactions: joffreylol
Has anyone with his/her own fzco in dubai aquired one of the 10 year golden visas? Is there any downside to getting one? Does it effect any company documents/bank accounts for example?

Upside would be the convenience of not having to renew for 10 years.

Latest Threads