Our valued sponsor

UAE + UK LLP/US LLC setup questions

Good evening everyone,

This is my first thread in this amazing community, so I hope I am following the rules properly.

I recently opened a company in the IFZA Freezone in the UAE. My Emirates id process is ongoing and I am going to live here.

I have few questions and I hope you guys will be able to help me. I did some research on the forum and Google and I could not find any proper answer to these questions:

1. I work especially online and all my clients are based in Europe. I sell monthly online paid advertising management, digital courses and I sometime do dropshipping. I have been told that having a US LLC or UK LLP is helpful when having an UAE company, can someone please clarify why it’s useful and if the UAE company should be parent of the LLC or LLP ? Also, how can I get an EU IBAN bank account ? Then finally, how do you send the money back to the UAE ?

2. Considering that I have some money in my Belgian company, what would be the best way to transfer this money to the UAE to save on taxes?

3. Is crypto allowed at a personal level in the UAE? Which bank do you use to cash out?

Sorry being dumb but I don’t really get the setup and the company in charge of my UAE company setup doesn’t have any clue about it.

Thank you so much for your help and advices !

Reactions: uplana
Welcome to the UAE.

Regarding your second question, I believe the cleanest option is simply to pay yourself a dividend from your Belgian company to yourself as a UAE resident. As a UAE resident, you should qualify for a Belgian dividend withholding tax rate of 10% under the Belgium-UAE tax treaty (rather than the 30% rate for Belgium residents).

Here's the text of the Belgium-UAE tax treaty:
http://internationaltaxtreaty.com/download/United Arab Emirates/DTC/UAE-Belgium-DTC-Sep-1996.pdf
The relevant clause is Article 10, clause 2(b)
"the tax so charged shall not exceed... 10 per cent of the gross amount of the dividends in all other cases"