Our valued sponsor

Question UAE Visa - out of UAE for more than 6 months

kriyazen

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
Guys, I'm shitting my pants. Right now. I have an "investor" visa from AMCFZ, so far, so good. I left the UAE in Nov 2020 and was supposed to go back end of Jan 2021. In mid-Jan, the UAE imposed a travel ban on all travelers from South Africa from entering. All passenger flights between JNB and DBX have been canceled. In other words, I have no way to return to the UAE at the moment. I was thinking of going to a third country for 2 weeks but found out, travelers from South Africa are currently restricted from entering some 120 countries.

1. I have contacted the FZ and was told that an investor visa holder's requirement is not 6 months but 12 months. This was confirmed to me by 2 independent AMCFZ consultants (one in Dubai another in Ajman). On the visa itself, it clearly mentions 6 months out of UAE = cancelation

2. If I miss the 6-month deadline, how do I enter the UAE, and how can I renew or re-apply for the visa. Do I need to start from 0, or is this more of a fine issue?

3. As you might know, in UAE, everything is linked to the visa and the cell phone number. e. g., bank accounts. Will they freeze my bank accounts and cancel my SIM card?

Thank you!

The government have imposed the ban. But since you have a residency card you are still permitted to travel. You will have to do 14 days in another country that doesn't have a travel ban. South Africans are not banned it's just travel from South Africa.

Zambia, Mozambique and Tanzania are options for a 2 week holiday.

Check with your local UAE embassy.

Reactions: troubled soul