Our valued sponsor

UK bank accounts privacy ?

mardz

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
I currently live in the EU and I need a bank account to cash out US income. Opening a US bank account would be the best option but it's impossible in current situation for non residents.
I was thinking about a UK bank account with a temporary address in the UK. Is it a good idea ? Are there better alternatives ?

Hey,

I believe you are a tax resident in the EU? Keep in mind UK participates in CRS.

More info about CRS: Common Reporting Standard - Wikipedia

To check the countries that participate in CRS: Exchange relationships - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development

Yes I am resident in EU. There are services that offer a temporary address + utility bill for the purpose of opening a bank account in another country. I thought that would solve the CRS thing

FYI, foreign nationals can open a bank account in the USA easily with a domestic EMI here in the states. Keep in mind, just because the USA does not participate in CRS they do have FACTA which is basically the same thing. People and business have long considered the USA to be a tax haven due to confidentiality laws in certain states but in order for this to be true, one needs to be 100% secure that their financial structure is set to accomplish this.

FYI, foreign nationals can open a bank account in the USA easily with a domestic EMI here in the states. Keep in mind, just because the USA does not participate in CRS they do have FACTA which is basically the same thing. People and business have long considered the USA to be a tax haven due to confidentiality laws in certain states but in order for this to be true, one needs to be 100% secure that their financial structure is set to accomplish this.

Isn't FACTA only for US citizen ? What EMI do you recommend ?

Latest Threads