Our valued sponsor

UK Limited - Salary for Non Resident Director

NicolasMaduro

Pro Member
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
So as a Non-Resident Director in the UK.

If I pay out a one time directors fee, for example £12.500.

The personal allowance in the uk is £12,500, so then I would just have to pay national insurance
which is £360.

Is this understood correctly? Do a non resident director have the full personal allowance?

Reactions: John Andrews
I don’t know anything about the UK, but why would the salary of a non-resident be taxed in the company’s country anyway? Is this a special thing for directors? Usually the taxes are paid where the employee is tax resident.
I also find it hard to believe that you’d have to pay social security contributions - because you probably wouldn’t be able to use social security benefits as a non-resident?
Just seems odd to me.

Is this understood correctly?

No. UK personal income tax system has nothing to do with you if you are not subject to it.

Do a non resident director have the full personal allowance?

What for? They are not tax resident in UK for income tax purposes. Unless duties are carried out in UK then its different story.

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
Just this sentence I´m reading on the subject:
"Yes. A non-resident director of a UK company is an office holder, and any incomereceieved in respect of this UK role should be treated as earnings in the UK and subject to UK wage tax withholding (PAYE)."

Just this sentence I´m reading on the subject:
"Yes. A non-resident director of a UK company is an office holder, and any incomereceieved in respect of this UK role should be treated as earnings in the UK and subject to UK wage tax withholding (PAYE)."

As I said in my first post. The key is where the "role" is performed ;).

Latest Threads