Our valued sponsor

UK LLP for total anonymity, true?

I have been using nominee directors in many different sectors from construction to banking. You must have an agreement in place to make it legal on the basis of an IP holding structure.

So for a simple explanation:

Company A (CA) is in the biomedical field working on a new asthma treatment. The director does not want to be involved nor exposed to the public.
Company B (CB) is set up to be the face of the project and has a marketing and sales agreement with sole exclusivity from CA (effectively like an IP holding setup).
CB will then be the only visible company and the director the only natural person in the structure and the all important UBO.

As the IP owner determines how his product or service is delivered as it is part of the contract you get the anonymity with control.

These structures are used by Amazon, Virgin and Apple.

We are not dealing in billions so there are no issues there!!!
Unless you are doing something illegal your fine.
UK LLP with an offshore director in a tax free state general partner and service company limited partner. Allows for full pass through and profits are taxed in the jurisdiction of the director (there are no profits).
Your company which has a contract in your favour is anonymous as the by virtue that the LLP holds the rights but passes the profits to you minus admin.

You are still responsible for your tax but as far as anonymity you are completely clear.

Bottom line is any person creating you such a structure has to know and record on the public registry (now or in the future) the UBO.
that mean it is useless!!
Because you invoice them for your funds the company will eventually make a loss after accounting and expenses. Your tax is your own headache.
so what you say is that our name will not become public at any point, you will handle the entire process with the invoice, at the end of the day we only have to worry about personal tax locally?

It comes to my mind if two US LLCs are the registered partners of the UK LLP, I guess the LLC's data will be public in companies house. Since US LLCs are anonymous in some states, you could achieve complete privacy with this setup. But it seems too obvious to be true, am I missing something?

It comes to my mind if two US LLCs are the registered partners of the UK LLP, I guess the LLC's data will be public in companies house. Since US LLCs are anonymous in some states, you could achieve complete privacy with this setup. But it seems too obvious to be true, am I missing something?
You still have to declare the PSCs (Persons with Significant Control) to the Companies House. Doesn't matter how many opaque entities you throw at it. The PSCs (which are basically the same as UBOs) still have to be declard.

I was reading the threads about the UK LLP giving privacy and anonymity. But after I found this thread I better stick to the stuff in mentor group discussed there about anonymity to not get reported.

It's not possible with the UK LLP or what you say @Spinat ?

Reactions: uplana
It's not possible with the UK LLP or what you say @Spinat ?
can confirm, my setup I paid someone guru is not anonymous. I followed the guide back when I had MG access they had there, that still works.

Nominee UBO will not work and a UK LLP is not anonymous. A service provider in EU offering such a creation service or trying to hide UBO will be punished very hard. What your paying them will not cover the fine given for concealing ownership which is very heavy. I talked about this below in detail.

However the UK is not part of the EU any more and is in transition stage. I have no idea what this means after Dec 31st 2020. However I expect the UK to continue to follow some sort of disclosure of UBO.

Bottom line is any person creating you such a structure has to know and record on the public registry (now or in the future) the UBO.
really nice share, thanks.

Latest Threads