Our valued sponsor

UK or Georgia?

timonka

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
For an average Joe, which is myself, and who does a bit of everything online, which - UK or Georgia - will be better to incorporate?

What I need, at this point, are: a) something that just works b) simplicity c) low cost of maintainance

And the ability to open a bank account for a newly formed LLC/LTD easily, whether it be in the same country or elsewhere - doesn't matter. In Georgia I could do that for a Georgian LLC, but for a UK Ltd - where would I open an account?

Where my customers are? All over the place.
And I, mostly, don't stay in one country either.

In regards to opening a company abroad, you should first deal with your personal tax residency as you are probably exposed to personal income tax now. There are plenty of great options in general (e.g. Cyprus/Malta/Estonia/Georgia/UK/US/UAE), but which one is the most appropriate for you depends on many factors like location of your clients, type of your clients, place of your residency, the structure of the management of the company, personal preferences, etc. If I were you I would choose a jurisdiction that has no (or low) withholding tax, has a good reputation, good legal regulations, and one that allows fiduciary services, since your company might be exposed to taxation either by a PE or place of management. It's a long and complex topic and I definitely recommend contacting a professional to avoid any unwanted surprises and make sure you understand possible tax risks.

In regards to opening a company abroad, you should first deal with your personal tax residency as you are probably exposed to personal income tax now. There are plenty of great options in general (e.g. Cyprus/Malta/Estonia/Georgia/UK/US/UAE), but which one is the most appropriate for you depends on many factors like location of your clients, type of your clients, place of your residency, the structure of the management of the company, personal preferences, etc. If I were you I would choose a jurisdiction that has no (or low) withholding tax, has a good reputation, good legal regulations, and one that allows fiduciary services, since your company might be exposed to taxation either by a PE or place of management. It's a long and complex topic and I definitely recommend contacting a professional to avoid any unwanted surprises and make sure you understand possible tax risks.
You like to overcomplicate things, don't you? Re-read my question.

Latest Threads