Our valued sponsor

Ukraine to Canada PR/Citizenship

LibertyGuy

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Hey, there are some possibilities that been opened for Ukrainians during the war, specifically can get Canadian citizenship, but is It worth It in terms of taxes and wealth growing? Personally I've been living as a digital nomad most of my life preferring Asian good climate countries like Thailand and Indonesia, living on student visas. My goal is to continue building wealth without spending much and secure some legal status for my family in case war continues (coming back to Ukraine in 5 years not an option). Have read some threads that people mentioned terrible taxes in Canada, US and most of European countries, so is It worth the effort to get there? Maybe It's better to get 0% tax countries citizenship?

Canada has been letting in almost everyone, from wanted fugitives (Yes, it happened lol) to indian students who can't speak a word in english or french. You won't have problems especially as a ukrainian.

The loophole most immigrants have been exploiting is getting enrolled in some bulls**t diploma mill "CEGEP" short program in Quebec that accepts anyone for a fee, and come in with a student visa, finish their short diploma and apply for permanent residency immediately after.

People go to Canada for the ease of immigration and lax AML regulations (It's a laundromat for chinese and russian money yet everyone is asleep on the issue because it's the only thing that keeps the country from becoming a third world dump). However taxes are not a point of interest so if you intend on doing business/investing/saving up money for the long term be careful about choosing Canada. It's a good place if you're already wealthy and got money to move, but a terrible place to get rich.

Canada does not have citizenship-based taxation and is the only passport in the world that has visa-free access to the US. Other first world countries are part of the visa waiver program, which is not the same thing. You have to pay a fee to apply for it every 2 years and then have the fun of dealing with US governmental bureaucracy. Even if you don't think you'll ever want to slip into the US easily and legally, Canada has one of the best passports in the world and you'd be crazy not to get one if you have the opportunity.

Whether or not living and paying taxes in Canada makes sense is a very different question from whether or not a Canadian passport is worth having. While you're taking care of that to keep the mounties happy you can head over to the Russian embassy and get a passport from them as well. You're fortunate to have an opportunity to get some of the best citizenships in the world for next to nothing. I suggest you take advantage of it before the wind changes.

Reactions: LibertyGuy
Did you successfully finish your studies with a degree at a university?
Bachelor degree but in Ukraine, not worth much in Canada I supposed, still can get PR, question is It worth It?

Canada has been letting in almost everyone, from wanted fugitives (Yes, it happened lol) to indian students who can't speak a word in english or french. You won't have problems especially as a ukrainian.

The loophole most immigrants have been exploiting is getting enrolled in some bulls**t diploma mill "CEGEP" short program in Quebec that accepts anyone for a fee, and come in with a student visa, finish their short diploma and apply for permanent residency immediately after.

People go to Canada for the ease of immigration and lax AML regulations (It's a laundromat for chinese and russian money yet everyone is asleep on the issue because it's the only thing that keeps the country from becoming a third world dump). However taxes are not a point of interest so if you intend on doing business/investing/saving up money for the long term be careful about choosing Canada. It's a good place if you're already wealthy and got money to move, but a terrible place to get rich.
Agreed about crazy taxes but why It's 1 step from being third world dump?

Bachelor degree but in Ukraine, not worth much in Canada I supposed, still can get PR, question is It worth It?
If you want to earn a good salary as an employee, you need a Master's degree from a recognized university. If you were still in your early 20s, a bachelor's degree might be enough if you were doing your master's while working.

Nowadays, algorithms decide whether you are invited to an interview. Only degrees, certificates, etc. count.

One exception is Germany, which continues to lower its requirements for foreign workers every year. It still does not help ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyGuy
Canada's decline is very similar to that of the United States. The country has taken in about 2 million third worlders recently, which bring third world crime, living standards, corruption and everything else undesirable about their home countries with them. They congregate together, turning parts of major cities into areas that are genuinely unsafe for native Canadians. When they get citizenship 80+% of them vote for the farthest left candidate on the ballot promising more unchecked immigration, handouts and open hostility toward entrepreneurs. They make no effort to assimilate into Canadian society. If 2 million doesn't sound like a lot, keep in mind that Canada's total population is only ~38 million and they reproduce 3-5x as fast as native Canadians. Law enforcement went "woke" years ago and chances of them doing anything if you are a victim of violent crime are very low. The main difference from the US in this regard is that most of Canada's immigrants come from third world Asia ("Asia" in the sense of Middle Eastern muslims, Pakistanis, Jewish Russians involved in organized crime*, etc. not in the Japan and Korea sense), as opposed to Africa and Latin America. Trudeau has been chipping away at fundamental Canadian freedoms during his entire tenure which accelerated greatly once the Covid hysteria gave him excuse. The government is beyond broke and has already used people protesting oppressive policies as an excuse to raid their bank accounts.

Canada is still the 15th freest economy in the world, but has been trending downward at an alarming rate for the last 10 years or so. Like the overall situation in the US, it isn't theoretically impossible for it to be turned around, just isn't likely enough that I would want to bet my future on it.

*This comes from my ex, who is a Vancouver native. She says they completely run parts of Vancouver and Toronto to the point that the government won't even investigate them. Due to Canadian gun laws being what they are they are these guys are better armed than the police and much more willing to their guns.

Poverty is skyrocketing, people cant afford buying a house anymore let alone paying the insane rent in most of the big cities. Inflation is tearing apart what little savings people have and everyone is sinking in debt. The average consumer debt in Canada is much higher than in the United States. Gun crime is skyrocketing in cities because the third world immigration that cannot find work resorts to crime to survive which is normal when you let in people that cannot find any opportunities for themselves. Now you have gangs in the big cities that fight each other and gun crime is rampant. The government refuses to acknowledge the issue because native reserves are the ones importing and selling weapons to criminal groups and they don't want to risk getting called racists for pointing the elephant in the room after the scandals that happened with natives a few years back.

Sure a canadian passport is great to have but it comes with certain limitations and you have to be extremely careful with your tax planning because the CRA will be watching your every move if you decide to leave the country or set up shop elsewhere while holding canadian citizenship.

Canada's decline is very similar to that of the United States. The country has taken in about 2 million third worlders recently, which bring third world crime, living standards, corruption and everything else undesirable about their home countries with them. They congregate together, turning parts of major cities into areas that are genuinely unsafe for native Canadians. When they get citizenship 80+% of them vote for the farthest left candidate on the ballot promising more unchecked immigration, handouts and open hostility toward entrepreneurs. They make no effort to assimilate into Canadian society. If 2 million doesn't sound like a lot, keep in mind that Canada's total population is only ~38 million and they reproduce 3-5x as fast as native Canadians. Law enforcement went "woke" years ago and chances of them doing anything if you are a victim of violent crime are very low. The main difference from the US in this regard is that most of Canada's immigrants come from third world Asia ("Asia" in the sense of Middle Eastern muslims, Pakistanis, Jewish Russians involved in organized crime*, etc. not in the Japan and Korea sense), as opposed to Africa and Latin America. Trudeau has been chipping away at fundamental Canadian freedoms during his entire tenure which accelerated greatly once the Covid hysteria gave him excuse. The government is beyond broke and has already used people protesting oppressive policies as an excuse to raid their bank accounts.

Canada is still the 15th freest economy in the world, but has been trending downward at an alarming rate for the last 10 years or so. Like the overall situation in the US, it isn't theoretically impossible for it to be turned around, just isn't likely enough that I would want to bet my future on it.

*This comes from my ex, who is a Vancouver native. She says they completely run parts of Vancouver and Toronto to the point that the government won't even investigate them. Due to Canadian gun laws being what they are they are these guys are better armed than the police and much more willing to their guns.
Wow, we been living near Vancouver for 4 months and didn't know about that, only have warning about avoiding Surrey as It's criminal rate is quite bad, also there was a shooting in Langley, never thought everything that bad. Housing is crazy out there, that I can confirm, mainly because of Chinese buying everything they could and increase prices, as locals told us.

Poverty is skyrocketing, people cant afford buying a house anymore let alone paying the insane rent in most of the big cities. Inflation is tearing apart what little savings people have and everyone is sinking in debt. The average consumer debt in Canada is much higher than in the United States. Gun crime is skyrocketing in cities because the third world immigration that cannot find work resorts to crime to survive which is normal when you let in people that cannot find any opportunities for themselves. Now you have gangs in the big cities that fight each other and gun crime is rampant. The government refuses to acknowledge the issue because native reserves are the ones importing and selling weapons to criminal groups and they don't want to risk getting called racists for pointing the elephant in the room after the scandals that happened with natives a few years back.

Sure a canadian passport is great to have but it comes with certain limitations and you have to be extremely careful with your tax planning because the CRA will be watching your every move if you decide to leave the country or set up shop elsewhere while holding canadian citizenship.
My main goal was to secure stability and safety for my family and grow wealth, If It's not safe in Canada anymore + CRA will drain good piece of my earnings, I don't find It worth anymore, thanks for help

People go to Canada for the ease of immigration and lax AML regulations (It's a laundromat for chinese and russian money yet everyone is asleep on the issue because it's the only thing that keeps the country from becoming a third world dump).

I know many Canadians who confirm this.

The Vancouver Model of money laundering

Canadian money laundering organization tied to real estate

How Chinese gangs are laundering drug money through Vancouver real estate

Wow, it looks like enforcement is basically broken in Canada too.

This section made me laugh... :)

Hockey bags full of cash

Last edited by a moderator:
Тhe main question is - how to get CA passport of you are ukrainian now? I think it's not easy)
Get PR, live and work for 3 to 5 years in Canada, apply for citizenship. done. Any monkey can get a canadian passport in 2022 so don't stress about it. Also, stay out of trouble, avoid anything reprehensible, even parking tickets can affect your citizenship application. If your money came from not so legit sources, find a way to make everything legit before you apply for citizenship.

Only thing is, avoid Quebec unless you want more complicated taxes, french language requirement for every job you apply to (Unless its a finance job in the private sector, those don't even bother interviewing you in french).

If i really had to choose as an immigrant, i'd go to either Alberta or BC (Even Vancouver ain't that bad if you can navigate real estate there) because it's richer and it's not turning into a third world dump like eastern canada is.

Get PR, live and work for 3 to 5 years in Canada, apply for citizenship. done. Any monkey can get a canadian passport in 2022 so don't stress about it. Also, stay out of trouble, avoid anything reprehensible, even parking tickets can affect your citizenship application. If your money came from not so legit sources, find a way to make everything legit before you apply for citizenship.

Only thing is, avoid Quebec unless you want more complicated taxes, french language requirement for every job you apply to (Unless its a finance job in the private sector, those don't even bother interviewing you in french).

If i really had to choose as an immigrant, i'd go to either Alberta or BC (Even Vancouver ain't that bad if you can navigate real estate there) because it's richer and it's not turning into a third world dump like eastern canada is.
work for 3 to 5 years
this sounds not good