Our valued sponsor

US bank account remotely 2020 (not EMI) for EU citizen

Greenberry

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Dear, I've incorporated last year in US, got working couple months with Mercury.co but it's a struggle. My card processor is not able to deliver me transfers in reasonable time into their account. I need solid alternative. Unfortunately I cannot now go to the US (I'm living in LATAM for 2 years, I'll most likely have rejection at the border).

What are the alternatives to open a bank account remotely in 2020 in US for an LLC? I got EIN, got couple months of processing history.

Please advise.

Reactions: Btraveler
I tried to find solution in last months too.

From my experience - easier is buy ready-made corpo with bank account than create using own personal data. Welcome in this #@% world.
I know that you probably need stable solution for long time. I had the same problem in last months.

Structures builded on darks are similar stable like own and you know that one day someone lock your account. When you do everything good you think that this(account suspension) never happen, because you do everything 100% clear, right?

Welcome aboard OP :)

What is the reason that you are looking into an US account rather then any EU solution?

Reactions: anotherone
In some states where the laws allow it, i.e. Delaware, a PoA can do it. With this method, you give someone, a service provider, the rights to open an account on your behalf.

Typical pricing ~$2K, which I believe is about the same expense if you went in person (flights, accommodation)

No specific recommendations, but search the web if interested.

Dear, I've incorporated last year in US, got working couple months with Mercury.co but it's a struggle. My card processor is not able to deliver me transfers in reasonable time into their account. I need solid alternative. Unfortunately I cannot now go to the US (I'm living in LATAM for 2 years, I'll most likely have rejection at the border).

What are the alternatives to open a bank account remotely in 2020 in US for an LLC? I got EIN, got couple months of processing history.

Please advise.

You could try Stern Bank. Let me know if you need any help with them.

Please advise.
Why would they reject you at the border?

Typical pricing ~$2K, which I believe is about the same expense if you went in person (flights, accommodation)
You mean with a PoA you don't need to take a flight to the USA in order to open a bank account?

Reactions: Tax Cow
Thank you for all the answers here. I will go to the US anyway, just cannot now, as I've been too long in LATAM preparing our business here, and for US customs that mean no relation with country of origin = rejection at the border.

I've chosen US because lack of the VAT, and possibility to avoid EU complex customer law (14 days refunds, up to 2 years to refund if somebody will detect even little flaw with his product, and etc).

Last days I've opened company in UK too, but didn't found bank for me yet - I've get so far rejection at Royal Bank of Scotland, Monese. I'm trying ICICI now. Transferwise - awaiting their answer, as previously they rejected my US LLC for same type of Business.

I'll try Stern for US as @Gediminias recommended.

I'll not try to buy company/set bank account through someone in US. As far I know I'll need to let somebody have full access to my account. This is not an option.

Reactions: Btraveler
You mean with a PoA you don't need to take a flight to the USA in order to open a bank account?

Still works for individuals and businesses. Certified True Copy of passport and an address document required, and signed bank forms. PoA will take them to a bank to open an account for you, and later pick up the package including the CC and authentication equipment.

Slightly varies by bank and the state, but all 25%+ shareholders (members) of a business must usually provide a same set of documents as well as their signature on the account opening forms.

Reactions: JohnLocke

Latest Threads